Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So, the past three months have been truly trying for me and my emets, but I have gotten through it...not really sure how, but I managed. First of all, found out I was preggers again in November...very, very exciting, but also very scary...not just because I KNEW that the *n feelings were going to arrive at any second, but also because this was not the best timing for us. Sort of just happened...you know how that goes!! Anyway, *n arrived as scheduled and continued every single day until this week...things are FINALLY starting to subside, but WOW, it was swful. I had the dry heaves a couple of times, which was extremly terrifying, but I GOT THROUGH IT!!!! I didn't get through it without crying hysterically and breaking out into a cold sweat and panic, but I got through it...I am alive and lived to tell the story.

Not only that, but *****GRAPHIC**** my hubby went out for his birthday a while back and came home falling down drunk. I found him passed out in the living room with *v all over his shirt and pants. I went into full on panic mode, of course...partly because I was scared that he had alcohol poison. He was sick in the bathroom then for about 15 minutes, all the while I was crying and pacing around, not really knowing what to do with myself. He stumbled into the hallway and collapsed...I called his friend that had dropped him off and thank God, his friend and friend's girlfriend came back to help me. My husband was *v on the floor, not even knowing he was doing it and not even lifting his head up. I told the girlfriend about my emet a little bit and she sent me into the living room and they cleaned everything for me (including my husband)and put him on the couch for the night with a bucket becuase I refused to sleep next to him in bed. I laid awake for most of the rest of the night, taking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down. It was hard, but I did it. I think I remained pretty calm through the entire situation, considering everything that was going on.

In the past two weeks, I have been around people on two seperate occasions that had just gotten over *sv or were living with people who had it...and I didn't run away. Granted, i scrubbed my hands, face, and mouth to the extreme, but I didn't have a complete panic attack. Also, my son *v last weekend because he choked. I got very shaky, but I helped him...he was so upset (I really hope I am not rubbing my emets off on him), I just couldn't ALLOW myself to freak out. So that's latest story...the good, the bad, and the ugly. But I am proud of myself anyway, and I lived through it.

Wow, that is A LOT in the past couple of months...I am proud of you too. It sounds like you handled things incredibly well (better than I think I could have), espcially with your husband.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and hopefully you will be well from here on out.

Wow. Talk about exposure! Congrats oon being pregnant, and on getting through all that!

Congrats on your pregnancy! Wecome to the list of emets who are expecting!

You also did very well with hubby. And with your son. For me, knowing I can't catch it helps me through. My 5 year old just got over a horrible repiratory flu, and he would v* a little due to coughing. I seem to handle that ok.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I am now in my third trimester, and the happy, rested, energetic part is over [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Well done on handling everything so well and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Hey Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting! You've been so brave, congrats on that too of course! YAY!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thank you everyone for the congrats!! I am just relieved the the *n part seems to have subsided for me now...just gotta get through flu season...

April is almost here!!!!!