Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question/Rant

Okay let me just say this, I don't want to bring race into this like the other time, but incidents like this are really closing the deal on my racist tendencies.

TOday I was walking home in the rain, there was ALOT of rain. So I was getting wet and I was not a happy camper. Then I was standing at the curb waiting to cross the street when this car full of [Insert race here] WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to ROLL IN THE PUDDLE and SPLASH ME WITH WATER. I heard them laughing at me as they pulled away and yes I saw them in the windows, so I'm not just assuming here! WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

My question is, is it possible to get any kind of virus/vomiting thing from being splashed by water in the gutter? Please tell me that I'm going to be okay so I can go back to seething!!

I'M SO FORKING MAD!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Arseholes come in every colour- I am troubled by the fact that you are even viewing race as being the reason why someone would go out of their way to splash you.

You're bringing race into this when it has absolutely no bearing into what happened. You can bleep out what particular race it was- it doesn't make it less offensive/contentious.

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"but incidents like this are really closing the deal on my racist tendencies."</span>

I don't get why you would become racist because of this incident it could have just as well been a group of any people that did that and found it funny, it's not because they are [insert race here] and you are whatever you are. Race has nothing to do with being an idiot who splashes someone.

Remember, a certain amount of germs do you good anyway and keep your immune system fighting.

Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

No you see, if something like this only happened ONCE or TWICE by certain people, I wouldn't equate it to one race, seeing as how MY WHOLE FREAKING LIFE has been absolutely filled with problems by these people, I think I have a right to think the way I do. I know that people like me can be arseholes too, but how many of them do you think have gone out of their way to treat me like crap? Maybe 1 or 2....There's gotta be someone who sees that this is perfectly good logic!

~Monica

I've been treated badly in my life by very many women, by that logic I could then say that all women are bitches and out to get me and it's just not true. It's ignorant and illogical, you can only judge people on a person by person basis and if there is a group of people who have an issue with you then it is their issue and if it is to do with race then it makes them low. but there is no reason why you should stoop down to that level anyway.

Should I judge you based on what other women have done to me? That would make so little sense.

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I am sorry that happened to you! Your opinions are your opinions and if that is the way you feel, it is the way you feel. I won't dislike you for that! As for you getting sick from it I highly doubt that you would! Hope the rest of your day is a little better!

Well if you DID think of all women as bitches I would totally see why and think there was logic behind it. I may not agree with you but I mean it's a perfectly logical conclusion to come to after years and years of abuse. And yes women are terrible, worse then men, back stabbers and their emotional blackmail....I don't know why I like them to begin with.

Back to the main thing, if a dog gets a shock everytime he tries to eat his food he'll stop trying to eat. Same thing if he gets a shock every OTHER time. It's a learned thing. YOU don't live where I live, you can't TELL me that there not all of those people are like that, I KNOW most of the people I have problems with, seeing as how I went to school with them. You live in England, where those people actually seem to have manners. (I've been to London I know what I'm talking about) ANYWHO....it just pisses me off that it's always the same group of PEOPLE!

~Monica

I live in Scotland and all those people do NOT have manners A dog is a dog and you are a person with rational and intelligant thought. You can choose ignorance or you can choose another way. You are also perfectly free to think whatever you want to, however I may see it. But you brought race into this conversation where it didn't need to be. I think maybe knowing the drama it would cause.

Hope you don't catch anything

xxxx

Edited by: hippychick

Monica, I think that you might be out numbered on this one.

This is what's wrong with the world today, we are looking at the color of someone's skin and making a determination of who they are. I believe there is only one race in this world and that is HUMAN. We all have our likes and dislikes about other people, but I think that too many people base that on the color of someone's skin. We all bleed red. It could have just as well been someone with the same skin color of yours that splashed you on purpose. Just think Karma, what goes around comes around.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone.

First of all, thanks for the well wishing *SDE*

Secondly, I don't want drama I want SOMEONE TO FREAKIN AGREE WITH ME!

~Monica

Maybe your own attitude has something to do with it.

People see what they want to see, and it seemstome that you are more likely to attribute bad actions by a certain group of people as a product of their race, and others as the product of the individual.

You're right- I don't live where you do. But geography isn't an excuse for racism, and I must say that the logic you are using to come to conclusions based on race is flawed. If anything, you are now doing what you are criticizing the other side for doing.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by samara's on tv

Secondly, I don't want drama I want SOMEONE TO FREAKIN AGREE WITH ME!

...agree that a certain race is bad, or that they are "out to get you"?

I'm sorry, but I can't do that.

I know I am coming on strong here, but being of a multiracial background, I can't stand it when someone tries to justify racism.

*amber*

ps- k8eb- I COMPLETELY agree with you!Edited by: crimgoddess

Alright. You are being amazingly ignorant. You won't say what race it is which leads me to believe you wouldn't want to offend someone of the race on this site. What if I was "that race"? Would you dislike me although you can't see my nationality over the internet? When you openly state racist beliefs you can't just expect people to agree. I live in rural Ohio (bfe rural) and I think you live in Ohio also (Cleveland, no?) and everywhere I go redneck jerks are rude. Does that mean when I see a redneck I go "oh crap" and write them off? No it does not. I would highly suggest you pull your head out of your ass and look around you. Not every person from a race is the same. Not every emet is the same. Not every Christian is the same. Nobody can be grouped into a stereotyped mass. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] You can be mad at me, but I'm not "mad" at you. I'm just shocked. You seemed so open-minded and kind.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

If you think adding in someones race to a conversation about someone splashing you with a puddle its being racists then I think you may need to look into the term racist!

You may however live in an area that is more populated with different coloured people, which in turns means, that if you have been treated badly by these people it doesnt make a different who they are, it was only because thye were the majority of people around you, could quite of well been the same with others of a different colour around you.

If someone came up to you and said, you know you cant be around me because you are a lesbian and lesbians have treated me like s*** my whole life and given me such a complex towards people like you now **** off, you aren't exactly going to feel the best from that because you have then been slammed into a category that you dont need to be in just because of something you are.

Heck if someone splashed me with a puddle it wouldnt be the colour of theyre skin I would be looking at, Id be reading the number plate to report them.

Also, I dont think anything in that puddle will harm you at all, you'l be fine!

Violet- Let me tell you something, MY OWN FAMILY (Extended) doesn't want to be around me because I'm a lesbian and you know what I say? BFD! Cause if they want to be like that I let them. IF THE KKK WANTS TO MARCH DOWN MY STREET SPOUTING HATE ABOUT THE JEWS then FINE! If they want to believe that, then let them believe it!

New.Slang- Rednecks make up most of my extended family. I don't like rednecks/white trash either. I've had problems with these people before, this is not the first time. Were you here when I got harassed at the movie theater for NO REASON? I was just sitting there and these PEOPLE had to come in and antagonize me for NO FLIPPIN REASON! I am open minded and no I don't think that ALL of these type of people are bad, but the majority of them are. Have you ever been to Shaker Heights/Cleveland? Do you know how GHETTO these people act when they are living in NICE neighborhoods and NICE houses, they have to act like they are from THE HOOD when they are actually well off?

Amber- I don't see what my attitude has to do with being splashed by a car ON PURPOSE! How can you tell someone's attitude towards a certain race of people when they are standing on a street corner in THE DARK? If you could tell that I was in a pissy mood from 20 feet away, in a car, then you are a genius.

I will also state that THE MINUTE one of these people want to make a racist comment about MY RACE It's OKAY because we "OPPRESSED" Them FOR SO LONG! Well once again I say BFD! GET OVER IT!

ETA: I don't hate ALL of them, like I said, but I would go as far as to say that 90% of them live up to my expectations, and remember I dated one for a year, so obviously I don't think that way of ALL of them, but 90% yes.

~MonicaEdited by: samara's on tv

Samara it seems to me that your family having issues with you being gay is a big deal to you since you've posted about it often.

I have no words to fight against the amount of sheer ignorance you have just posted. It actually makes me feel ill to read that, it makes so little sense at all to me that people who are supposed to be smart can actually think this way when we're now in 2007.

&lt;&lt;&lt;Amber- I don't see what my attitude has to do with being splashed by a car ON PURPOSE! How can you tell someone's attitude towards a certain race of people when they are standing on a street corner in THE DARK? If you could tell that I was in a pissy mood from 20 feet away, in a car, then you are a genius. &gt;&gt;&gt;

How about your attitude towards a certain race making you perceive any action of a member of that particular race as being a "product" of them being black (let's not mince words, we know what "race" you are talking about), not a product of a few idiots. THAT'S the attitude I amtalking about.

BTW- no, it's not right when someone makes a derogatory comment based on race- no matter WHAT PARTY it comes from. And the fact that you are saying "just get over it" shows that you have no real comprehension of what you are telling them to "get over".

*amber*

why do people with different coloured skin have to live up to youre expectations?

Um I don't know any JEWISH people who go around whining about the Holocaust! Maybe get over it isn't the right term, maybe it's more like, "IT'S OVER, WE KNOW IT HAPPENED, IT WAS BAD, BUT IT'S NOT HAPPENING NOW SO LETS COUNT OUR BLESSINGS"

LEt me give you an example Amber, if a black person calls me "Cracker" and tells me to go back to my "Trailer Park" no one is out of line, if I call a black person the N* word and tell them to go back to the projects....um...WHO'S Going to be in more trouble? It's OKAY for black people to hate white people! Take the movie "WHITE CHICKS" what in the HELL do you think would happen if some WHITE PEOPLE dressed up like BLACK PEOPLE and MADE FUN OF THEM?

~Monica

FIRST of all- there is no word that is as powerful or hurtful to caucasians, nor carrythe same connotations,as the N word possesses for black people, especially when it comes out of a white mouth.

SECOND- racism isn't acceptable or excusable, no matter where it comes from. Never did I say it was.

THIRD- No one is whining about anything. And PS- the legislated oppression of blacks in America is an extremely recent phenomena. As in I am 25, and it occured in my parent's lifetime.

It seems like you are trying to give reasons why it's okay to be racist- if anything, at the moment you are the one doing the whining.

*amber*

ANswer my question Amber, if I put on make-up to look like a black person, made fun of them, filmed it, and made it a movie, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? Aparently BLACK people can dress up as WHITE people and make fun of them, but GOD FORBID a WHITE person make fun of a BLACK PERSON!

Like I said, "WHITE CHICKS" is the perfect example on how racisim is ACCEPTABLE from BLACK PEOPLE towards WHITE! You can't deny that! Not only is it acceptable but BLACK PEOPLE FIND IT FUNNY and those MOVIES MAKE MONEY! If I did it, I would be shot and killed and you know it!

~Monica

Yeah, but guess what? You are also not going to be pulled over for driving while black, be picked up for a crime you didn't commit because "you all look the same", or be more likely to be tried and convicted because of the colour of your skin. Oh yeah, and 30 years ago you didn't have to sit in the back of the bus, not be allowed to go to certain restaurants or bars, and your kids made to attend schools with "their own kind", even though the "white" schools had better resources.

Is there a double standard in relation to race in the US? Yep. Is it right? Nope, absolutely not. But can you see where that tension is coming from?

BTW- NONE of this stuff is at all related to the fact that you think that you were splashed because the people in the car were black, and OBVIOUSLY all black people (oh, sorry, about 90% of them) are whining, ghetto-dwellers or wannabeswho are personally out to get you.

You can't justify, for me anyway, how any of what you mentioned above justifies you stereotyping all members (or even 90% of them) of a particular race. That, and you using the excuse that you are justified because black people make fun of white people- you can't complain about what another group is doing, but then do the same thing yourself!

That's it- I'm done. Hippychick, you are right- it is hard to believe that in 2007 people are still thinking this way.

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

Quote Originally Posted by samara's on tv

ANswer my question Amber, if I put on make-up to look like a black person, made fun of them, filmed it, and made it a movie, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? Aparently BLACK people can dress up as WHITE people and make fun of them, but GOD FORBID a WHITE person make fun of a BLACK PERSON!

Like I said, "WHITE CHICKS" is the perfect example on how racisim is ACCEPTABLE from BLACK PEOPLE towards WHITE! You can't deny that! Not only is it acceptable but BLACK PEOPLE FIND IT FUNNY and those MOVIES MAKE MONEY! If I did it, I would be shot and killed and you know it!

~Monica

I have to totally agree with you on this. I have seen that many times. I am not racist and even a few of my black friends agree with me on this one!!

Monica I totally see your point...I know what you mean. I too have seen and heard things that would make me think and feel the same as you...like being cat called all the time, by the same race, competely innaporitely, like when I'm with my 3 year old nephew, that kind of thing, makes me totally see where your coming from. I'm the most forgiving of people and races, and other difference, because I just don't care, and I accept everyone, but there are certain times when you can see a group and always have problems with them.
    I love Sam

I have a simple method for getting through life when it comes to diversity in color, religion, sexuality, etc. Its that I don't see it. I don't see color. I don't see religion. I see a PERSON, good or bad, rude or mannerly. It may be trite, and simple, and I don't want to come across as judgemental at all, because I'm sorry that happened to you. I really am. I just had a hard time reading some of those sentences. My step-grandson is black (I'm only 32, I married someone a little older, ok 10 years :}) and it would break my heart if anyone had a predetermined idea of who he was because of the color of his skin. I'm not saying you would mind you. But I would cover his little ears if I heard someone saying some of the things you said......Janna

Oh one more thing, I'm wondering if you have had so much trouble in the area you're at, why couldn't you relocate?

This seems all too familiar. Didn't you start a similar post about a year ago? Do you talk to your therapist about your feelings toward people of color? I think it would do you good to explore the reasons behind your feelings. I don't think they are as black and white (no pun intended) as you would like to think. Meaning, I am having a problem believing that you have been vicitimized by black people your whole life for no good reason and so you've learned to not like them. I think there is something more to this, and I think it would be good for you to explore where it's all coming from. I really believe that as suggested above, you might be looking for it and that's why you are seeing it. Kind of like how I can spot a puddle of vomit in a parking lot from miles away. Same thing. I think you are creating this issue for yourself.
    \"This too shall pass\"

People are people---SomePEOPLE use their race as an excuse for being treated badly, somePEOPLE are tight with money, some PEOPLE live in trailers.........

IN CONTRAST: Some PEOPLE use theirrace to succeed in lifeso as to'beat' the stereotype, some PEOPLE are very generous with charitable donations and put their kids in private schools, and some PEOPLElive in mansions.

It's PEOPLE who make the decisions they make and act the way they act, not their RACE. People choose to be nice, or to be a**holes. I have had people of most races smile at me for no reason, strike up conversations at the store, etc. and I've had people of most races give me dirty looks or flip me off on the road. It's a pretty good mixture of people, so I can't single out one race in particular, I just singled out individual people. To be honest though, in my experiences, there is only one race/culture that seem a little more unfriendly, in that they don't smile or say "thank you" much, but I think they are just a "reserved" culture, maybe not neing outright rude, but I don't know. I'm not talking about black people either, I have no problem with them at all.

One thing I do wanna bring up on the receiving end of racial intimidation: Hubby, daughter, and I were at hubby's snobby friend's house one night and the guy was making racial remarks that were very uncalled for. The a** HAD to have known that my daughter and I were the race he was talking s**t about! Hubby didn't even say anything!! Daughter and I felt like crap!

THEN, I told hubby that I will not sit through another one of his friends' tongue-lashing like that again, and that next time, I WILL say something. So, we had a different friend over one night for dinner, and he and hubby were talking about mexicans and puerto ricans in a demeaning way. So, I said to my hubby, "So, John, too bad YOU married a puerto rican, huh?" The look on his face was priceless, and his friend literally stumbled all over himself!!!!! Pretty funny.

I am Puerto-Rican, Hispanic, German, and Canadian French. I am primarily latin, and HATE to be stereotyped. People think that latin people use hefty bags for suitcases, spray paint walls, run with gangs, and use up free medical care. The funny thing is, is that I grew up in a pretty wealthy household, wore nice clothes, and always drove nice cars. My family wasn't illegal, and we never defaced anyone's property. So, stereotyping is ignorance. Call PEOPLE on what they do, not the whole race.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Right on Charlene!!!! *claps and whistles*
    \"This too shall pass\"

Everything aside, its annoying me, what does *SDE* mean??