Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just curious, when you do get a sv how many times do you usually v* with it? The most I've ever done is 3 times, wonder how normal that is?

So glad I found this site!!! I thought I was the only one on this planet with this horrid fear of v*. Thanks to all of you for sharing and supporting us with this fear.

I read someplace the normal is like 1.2 times. I guess they just take an average. I haven't had an sv (at least one where I v*) for over 32 years and that was just once.

Welcom to the site. I assume you have 1 child...how old?

I've not had many sv*, but i never v* with any of them. I may feel like it, but I fight the good fight. I did heave once with the last one I had two years ago, but nothing came of it. Hubby, who is by far not an emet, only v* once from a sv. I think as adults we v* less, at least I sure hope so. Welcome! Janna

I think it depends on the virus, and all kinds of things. The last times I had the sv, I only v*ed once, but the time before was twice, and the time before was 3 times. I hate this! I thought I was the only one too, but there are so many of us! Welcome to the site.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

well I guess I tend to get sick a lot when I do get sick (which isn't very often). With SVs, the first one I was sick about oh 15 times or so in the nite, the time after that about 9, and the most recent I think was 4 or 5 something like that. Lol maybe the next will be only 2!

In my experience it seems to average 2-3 times with like 2-3 heaves each time. Ewwwwwwwwwww.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks for your input! Wow, 15 times ~ I cannot imagine that one!

Ya, I'm a mother of a 14 month old, and completely freaked out about when he gets sick. I don't know if I'll be able to be there for him Just the thought of that makes me want to cry I want sooo badly to be a good mom and be there at all times for him.

I understand COMPLETELY about being afraid when your son gets sick. I feel like I am as bad as they come about being afraid to v* and afraid of my family to v*. I worry aboutsomebody being sick every day.My daughter is 9 and I have had to deal with it once when she was 4 and once when she was 8. It may not be any comfort for you, but it will happen and you will get through it. It is hard, but you don't have time to think about it, you just take care of it. You do what you need to do, and you will still come out being a great mom. Please, try not to let it consume you.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof1

Ya, I'm a mother of a 14 month old, and completely freaked out about when he gets sick. I don't know if I'll be able to be there for him Just the thought of that makes me want to cry I want sooo badly to be a good mom and be there at all times for him.
    Hi there,
    I can very much understand your fears about if your son was sick, but from what I have read about emet mom's experiences, its like you go on autopilot while it is happening, and manage to handle it. When I was real sick like that, it was scary at first, but then I just kind of got "used" to it if that makes sense, and your body just kind of knows what to do.

According for an Internet survey done for the Vomiting FAQ, the average is 1.82 times per illness. 34 percent vomit only once, 31 percent vomit twice, 21 percent vomit three times, and 13 percent vomit four or more times. The survey question did not ask specifically about stomach viruses, but they are the most frequent cause of vomiting.

[img]uploads/images/gumdropper1/5Z5_vomfaq21.jpg[/img]Edited by: gumdropper1
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gumdropper, you are always so knowledgeable...

I v* 4 times, my bf 3 or 2 times.
    You only live once

16 times...oh it was fun...from 2am to 10am...16 damn times and D* at the same times...I would sacrifice anything not to have to go through that again!!!

The last two sv* I had, I v* three times with each one.

Whenever I had sv*s when I was younger, I remember v*ing about 3 times. with each sv.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof1

Welcome! Trust me, when it's your baby, it IS different...My daughter is 13 month old and has v'd a few different times, and I handled it very well, mind you, she hadn't ate FOOD yet, but I did do ok, and I am sure you will too! I do know how scary it is though!

My experiences of the sv are pretty bad, my average is about 10 times before it's all over and done with. I hold on forever though before I let myself get sick, so maybe it just builds up too much....

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmom

I
    think it depends on the virus, and all kinds of things. The last
    times I had the sv, I only v*ed once, but the time before was twice,
    and the time before was 3 times. I hate this! I thought I
    was the only one too, but there are so many of us! Welcome to the
    site.</font>

Crystal</font>

Hey at least the number is going down! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

The only time I can remember ever having a sv*, I v*ed 4 times in 2 hours, then I was fine.
    *~Ashley~*

If you need someone to talk to, private message me! =)

I must be an odd ball also, as it's usually at least a dozen times for me. I never get away with only once or twice. I am always just dry heaving and all that is left is bile within a few times, but can't stop the cycle it seems. *shudder* I can't think about it anymore now, or I'll make myself all paranoid again. <!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Last time, I think 4 times...
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Always twice, never more, never less!

For me---- my worst was prob around 19-22 times. It was
    HELL
    -Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

Allways just once for me.

Wow! Isn't this an old one?
    The most I have ever done is two. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

I take that back.. there was a time I did 3.
    Life is so worth living.

Just once every time since I was little. Thank GODDD.

With the first sv* I remeber I retched once and v*ed four times. The secong one gave me three v* episodes, one was with fainting
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)