Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Would you rather die or v*?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die

9 25.71%
  • V*

26 74.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: emetophobia

please reply
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Bit dramatic is it not?

I mean we all, really really dont want to, but loosing youre life over it?

thats no way to recovery lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This poll makes me sad, this shouldn't be a question anyone has to ask themselves.

Couldn't agree more Hannah. It makes me so sad that people feel they would rather die.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I would rather vomit 50 times then die. I know there are people who rely on me in life.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I have asked myself this question many times, and the answer is different depending on how bad I'm doing at the time.

As much as I may tell myself I'd rather die, that is not true. I choose to live.

I find this a bit dramatic as well. Truely, if you would rather die than v*, serious help is needed.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

It's easier to say that now, but come on, if you're a hardcore Emet and you're facing "the situation", I know at least the thought of dying rightthen seems10x more appealing than doing the deed.

<center>
    </center>

As much as I hate v*, and never ever ever want to do it, i would never die instead. It is a bit extreme.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalemotion

It's easier to say that now, but come on, if you're a hardcore Emet and you're facing "the situation", I know at least the thought of dying rightthen seems10x more appealing than doing the deed.

i totally agree. wheni feel likeim going to v* i always think "id rather be dead than go through this"
    Angles

I agree with chemicalemotion. When I am NOT on the verge of V* I can easily say LIVE!, but when I am to the point of sweaty hands and shaking and saliva in my mouth, I would at the very least have to think about it. And MEAN it when I say think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil
    I have asked myself this question many times, and the answer is different depending on how bad I'm doing at the time.

I feel this way,too!
    -Bridgette

I know we've all felt that feelingwhen we're ill andterrified and wished we didn'thave to be in our bodies at that time, but the idea of killing myself to make it stop? I can't say the thought never went through my mind but as soon as it does I start getting disgusted at myself. Logically I know, and I'm sure most emets would agree that if some magic fairy came down at that time when we were feeling worst and offered a choice of v* or death, I know it would take me about 2 seconds to pick v*ing, multiple times before dying. People have gone through so much more than v*ing and have chosen to live, to survive it. I would be a very weak person if I couldn't do the same.

Recently i had food poisoning. I had a blade held to my wrist threatening to my body that if i vomit, i'm taking my life first. Of course i didn't cut,didn't vomit either but thats not the point.

If someone asked me that question right now i'd simply say "vomit, as long as i can be in my toilet, alone, with no one around me".

I know what it's like to actually really want to die. &amp; that doesn't happen just because i feel nauseous.

x
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

As sad as it is, there have been points in my life where I thought I would rather die than v*. I have been so depressed and desperate that I thought I could not go on living that way. So I know how it feels to be at that point and I have been there in the past, but fortunately I know NOW that life is beautiful and wonderful and completely worth it.

I would definitely rather v* than die.