Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Triumph! I went to the movies with my husband yesterday, which I have not done in over a year. I even got popcorn from the concession stand, and ate out of the same tub as my husband, who is not the best handwasher. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Today I am alternating between feeling elated and free, and being terrified that I have caught a sv, and angry at myself for being "careless."

You did great! Don't worry about the sv, you'll be just fine!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Congratulations! I say stick with elated and free. I love "cinematic adventures" and often share popcorn withh my girl, who is also not the most diligent person with the handwashing. I have never gotten sick because of it.

Be proud of yourself for taking such a big step forward. I know I'm proud for you.
    Be Here Now

YAY! Good job! I agree w/ crystalmom and nicki ... free/elated! You'll be fine ... you're hubby isn't the best handwasher right? Bet he doesn't v* all the time from it and sharing one box of popcorn w/ him won't matter ... you kiss him anyhow and haven't v* in how long? You did great! Be proud of yourslef and use this for future reference. Btw what movie did you see?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

That is fantastic! Happy for you!

I hope I can go to the movies again soon!
    -Bridgette

Thanks guys.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Yeah, it's funny, my hubby hardly ever v*. He insists he has super resistance because he doesn't wash his hands "too much."
    We saw Children of Men. It was good.