Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ewww WHY ME?

For those of you that havent seen my type hear every now and then i'm a 22 year old emetophobe. I'm married and i have a 4 year old daughter and am now expecting another june of this year. Things have been going pretty well emet wise but i guess this fear still has a hold of me.

GRAPHIC

My daughter has had a cold recently but seemed fine today. She was begging me to take her out to play but i needed to take a shower first. I gave her some water and got into the shower. After i got out she came and found me said that she had thrown up. I creeped out into the hallway and glanced into her room and saw the pile of it. OMG it was so gross (she had a hot dog for lunch). So i went down and got the trash can, paper towels, carpet cleaner, and regular towels all the while talking to myself lol. I was like "it's okay...i can do it...it's okay". So after i got up the stairs istarted freaking and was like wow i can't clean this up...so i took one of my husband's socks (clean of course) and tied it around my face!!!!! lol so i wouldnt smell it. Then i cleaned it up and took the trash bag outside to the dumpster still with the sock onmy face! People must have thought i was crazy. Still a little freaked but i'm pretty sure it isnt a sv*. Just needed to share my story to try to get it out of my head.

So flippin funny because I have tied a shirt with the sleeves over my face when sv was in my house.

I'm so sorry! I hope your daughter feels better soon. Good job getting through it. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

It may have been the hot dog. My son hardly ever v-ed when he was little, but did twice after eating hot dogs. **GRAPHIC**---It was weird, because it looked almost as if he didn't even chew the hot dogs!

I think they are hard to digest sometimes. How is she doing now?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Good job getting through it!!Wow, I v* in the middle of the night from eating a hot dog on my mom's carpet,too. I was 13 at the time.Damn, I don't want to eat them every again now after hearing these stories. Too bad, cuz I love them![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]All the carpet v* stories are alsomaking me think of living in a hardwood floor house only! (lol)
    -Bridgette

californiagirl-- That is EXACTLY how it looked! Grossest thing ever!

Hot dogs are definately banned from my house for now lol. She seems to be doing fine. I am proud of myself for how i dealt with it...minus the sock on my face...but now i am freaking out about her going to school next year and bringing home all kinds of v* virus...plus i'm having another baby so...i'll have two v*ing kids. Makes me wanna homeschool...but she loves being around other kids so much that would be selfish. Anyway...her going to school is like the scariest thing for me to think about. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I am so proud of you well done! I don't know if I could have even done it with the sock. I hope you're daughter is feeling better!

Good job...trust me it is easier when the kids actually make it to the toilet...its not so hard to cope with. How is she feeling now???

I really don't know if I could have been as brave! Well done for managing to clean it up! I hope your daughter is ok now!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Well done managing to clean it up

the same thing happened to my cousin when she was 5, and luckily i didn't see it, but my sister and mom said it looked the same way!!! it was sooo weird though, it happened a couple hours after she'd eaten and before she v* she was fine, she just all of a sudden v* while she was playing w/ my sister . and afterwards she was fine too! She didn't have an sv* or anything. so weird [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]kinda makes me wonder...