Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Is anyone else getting unseasonably warm weather? I am in New York State, and we have hardly had any snow at all, only a few flurries 2 or 3 times. Hardly enough to accumulate on the ground. Actually I think only once it accumulated, and it was just a dusting. We normally have snow by now, and the temps have always plummeted to single digits in January. Its now in the 40s, and its even gotten into the 60s, and hasn't really gotten colder than mid 30s. Most days here are 40s and 50s. I kind of miss the snow to be honest. I figure if its going to be winter, lets get some snow!!

I wonder if this is all part of the global warming thing, and if winter as we know it is gone?

Hey!

I live in Connecticut and it was 72 degrees today. 72! It was so beautiful today! I couldn't believe it!

Apparently, it isn't Global Warming, according to the Weather Channel. The jet stream is very different this season, and it is bringing warm weather from the south our way. That's why the plains states are getting bombed with blizzards and the southern states are getting tornados.

I have to admit - I would like it to snow here. It isn't normal for us not to have snow on the ground this time of year. My husband is a skier and wewant to go to Vermont, but I wonder if there is snow there. I hope so.

Nichole

Yup! Boston here and was 69 degrees! It felt so nice!!! I loved it.So nice and balmy but boy, did my curls frizz up!I definitely don't think the groundhog will see his shadow this year!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    -Bridgette

galadriel what part of nys? im on long island, and i've yet to see even one flurry this season! it was 70 degrees today!

more central part. Do you normally get at least some snow?

pennsylvania here...it was so warm it is kind of scary..im not complaining about the nice weather but i can guarantee the ski resorts and skiers are!

I live in Western New York, and it has been super warm here, too. Yesterday was in the 60s.

Yup..CT here...It was awesome yesterday...It is the strangest weather..I would like to see a lil snow tho..

So for the few ppl that responded here are you interested in meeting like in a support group type thing ever?

yea in the past we usually have had at least two or three snowy days by now!

yea we should all get together, we all live relatively close...

Boston also...it was like, 70 yesterday, i was driving and taking the T everywhere and was like, why am I not outside!!! It's weird, we've only had I think one snow and that was only a couple of inches, and this is massachusetts in January. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I'm in the northeast and we have only had a couple flurries and it was 67 here yesterday. Kim

I live in Ohio and it was really warm last week, friday being the warmest and I love it. It's over for now though cuz it's cold and rainy and I think it will snow tomorrow. Boo hoo. I hate everything about winter...

I need some cold weather. I have only been skiing one day all season. As of now, the slopes are closed until further notice. This makes me so sad. Now...if I lived closer to the ocean, I could at least surf, but no.

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that this can all be chalked up to global warming. Pretty soon, summer will be the new winter and we will be forced to live inside; traveling place to place in tunnels so that the sun cannot fry our skin up like potato chips. Ridiculous, I tell ya.
    Be Here Now

Hey Gemini, where are you in CT? I am in CT also. Nice weather!!!</font>

I don't know about that weather channel thing. I'm sold on it being global warming.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I have heard that it's another El Nino. They come around every 7 or 8 years. Change in the Gulf Stream current, which leads to unseasonably warm and/or rainy weather. So far, that has been accurate,because during El Ninos, the region I live in is supposed to have rainer than average weather--and it has been rainy. Also very mild.

I wouldn't call this Global Warming, just yet. Wasn't winter two years ago much colder and snowier than average? I distinctly remember it snowing in MAY in Ohio a couple years ago. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] http://www.usatoday.com/weather/clim...0-06-winter-el nino_x.htmEdited by: HDogg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wehave been having some really mild weather heretoo. We had a few days before Christmas that were really cold with frosts that lastedduring day, but since then it's been pretty warm for this time of year. The plants don't know where they are!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb