Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my parents and brother are gone to the lake for the week, and i'm all by my lonesome! i get soo scared about staying home alone like this....i just had a hangup call and that gets me all paranoid. eerrr... i am sleeping with the lights on!!!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

If
    this is of any consolation to you, those hang ups can be due to
    many reasons. One being that someone could have realized that he or she
    had dialed the wrong number. I admit I hang up without saying anything
    if I realize that I have dialed a wrong number right after someone
    picks up. Another thing too is that many telemarketers who have your
    number programmed into their system can disconnect right after someone
    on the other end picks up. Remember these days the number is dialed by
    an automatic dialer in their system and many times it goes faulty. Who
    knows but all I can say is that it happened to us so often that we had
    it traced and that is what it was. It kept on coming up as "unknown
    number" on the call display. I would not worry about it but it scares
    you more when it happens when you are alone, I know. And yeah if it
    makes you feel better sleep with the tv on, when I am alone, I
    sleep with the radio turned up to the max lol.

Miriam

</span></font>

Aw! *hugs* I'm sorry your scared. I've been there. My parents went to Florida for a month and I was home alone. I slept on the living room floor with the tv on almost every night.You'll get through it! Try to sleep with the tv on sleep mode (if it's got one) so it'll shut off after an hour once you've fallen asleep. You couldinvitea friend over to keep you company. I did that too. I had a few friends spend the night to keep the house from feeling so empty. Nothing bad will happen!! You'll be fine!!

Danielle

I feel for you! Last year when my older brother wasn't living at home and my parents were taking my younger brother back to school I would be home alone for a couple of nights and I HATED it! I think it's mainly just something about being in a big house alone. I always quadruple checked before I went to bed that the basement door was locked and that both the screen doors were locked as well as the big doors and the dead bolts. I always checked and rechecked that the oven and stove were off and sadly I went around a couple of times, just for my own comfort so that I knew all the rooms were clear. I always leave my bathroom light on and the hallway light and one of the kitchen lights on downstairs and my tv going at night just for the noise and I sleep with my cell next to my bed. I don't know how in the world I will ever live alone! And I'm 21!!

My parents are actually gone right now to take my younger bro back to Duke and I can't tell you just how thankful I am at this very moment that my older brother lives here for the time being! He is good for something after all... who knew!?!

Just remember that you will be just fine and it's best to get involved in doing something that takes your mind off of the fact that you're alone. Watch your favorite movies or just surf the internet... that always seems to help me. Good luck!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I know what your going through! I hate being stuck home alone, especially at nightime. Its' the worst! If it helps, once when home alone I gota prank call from this man saying: "I am coming to your house and taking all your money AND you!" Nevermind that it was practically midnight and I was home all by my lonesome. But the moral of the story is, I may not have slept that night but I was perfectly fine. Hey, I'm still here arent' I? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Things like that can happen all the time, for many reasons. And feel safe, if your doors are luck rest assured you are as safe as you can be, and just as safe as when your parents are home. Hope you feel safer soon.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

What I try and do is make sure there's something (tv, radio, whatever)
    on in the room im in. It seems to help me feel less alone and scared.
    One good thing to have is a tv with a sleep timer. Then you can set it
    to go off in like an hour, let it soothe you to sleep, but you wont
    have the problem of it waking you up in the middle of the night (that
    can be even scarier). Or just use a radio where the batteries are about
    to run out for the same effect

good advice everyone. It can be scarey all by yourself. do you aheva dog, cat, or bird, evena fish to keep you company? sometimes I don't know what I'd do without my dog. shes 16 years old, almost blind and deaf ( we are purtting her down soon unfortunatly) but she makes a wonderful burglar alarm.

maybe you could even invite a friend to stay over every other night or so. have a pj party!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

im on my own too! well apart from my 1 year old son! but he is asleep! my boyfriend works away alot and is steying away in london tonight so i am yet again home alone! kind of got used to it now though! used to hate it and sleep with light on! now i just go on comp till late and go straight to bed after! i try not to listen out for noises cos hat can drive you mad!!!!! im sure you will be ok! make the most of the space!!! xxxx