Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel like such a big baby. It is saturday night/sunday morining (1am). My financee is gone hunting and will be back sometime on sunday. I should be sleeping right now but I cant. My body is tired but my mind won't let me think about going to bed. This happens everytime he leaves overnight. I am so accustom to sleeping with him, or waiting up till he gets home. When I finally do go to bed my house makes noises that I don't ever hear when he is home. I know that its just my mind playing tricks on me, but its very hard to dismiss. This sucks. If I drank I would have a glass of wine to knock me out, but because of this phobia I don't drink anything but water. I don't want to have to depend on Ativan to get me thru tonight. I have tried taking a bath, watching a boring movie, and surfing the web to calm my mind, but nothing is working. I am sitting here in the dark with my notebook on my lap, wishing that I could just close my eyes and sleep. If there is anyone on here who wouldn't mind chatting with me please let me know. Thanks.

Sorry this was so long, I hope I made some sense. And I am sorry for any spelling errors.

Sorry I wasn't around, I hope you managed to chat with somebody. Don't feel like a baby, not being able to sleep when your partner isn't there is quite a common thing. I know a few of my friends are like that. One of my friends says it helps tolay her husbands pillows down at the side of her so the bed doesn't feel big and empty. Regards all the little noises you hear at night (it IS easy to build these natural house noises up into something else when you are laid there in the dark, imagination in overdrive), maybe you could buy one of those relaxing sound machines with atimer on and listen to the gentle sound of rolling waves or a trickling stream, itwill helpdrown out any little noises and lull you off to sleep. Would a small night light in the bedroom help too, so you aren't in full darkness.

I hope this helps!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I feel the same way, if my bf is gone I cannot sleep. Its so weird. ButI have to be cuddled up next to him or I wont fall asleep. I mean he literally has to be touching me. I love him
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you know what would help me fall asleep fast? go into a political chat room in Yahoo and listen to the people debate for hours...it works faster than Tylenol PM!! I used to do that when I lived alone..haha.

-Bridgette