Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ranch dressing?

Okay this morning I decided to make some tuna on toast for breakfast, so I mixed up the tuna with some ranch dressing.

The sell by date on the dressing was November 2006, but I already knew that because I opened it after that date. My mom bought several bottles to store in the pantry. I ate it since then a few times with no problem, but it tasted kind of weird this morning. I only ate two bites before I decided to toss it.

Is there any reason to think it's bad by now? Eventhough it was past the sell by date it was completely sealed until I opened it, and it's been in the fridge since then. Do you think there's a chance I could get fp from that?

You'll probably be OK. I've seen people eat salad dressings that were WAY past their expiration dates, and they were fine. Plus, you only had a couple bites, so do your best to stay calm.

I am sure you will be fine. My dad eats everything way past the exp date even salad dressing and he is always ok!!

Oh my mom just plain old won't eat anything unless its expired it seems like. She has a whole pantry with bottles of ranch dressing and other things, all expired, and she eats them without worry because they haven't been opened yet. I think the preservatives they put in food is bad, but I guess that's why, but you'll be fine!

Creepy, but Im sure you will be fine.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I feel fine to be honest. Actually I was more n* yesterday. But I've managed to eat a decent amount today. I'll obviously feel differently if I end up getting sick, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm sure that it is fine! I'm always afraid of fp so I'm extra careful, but it seems like it's not very easy to get seeing as most of our relishes are way expired

Ranch dressing is good with everything LoL

Anyway I think you'll be fine, my sister drank some expired apple juice a few weeks ago and she was fine, she freaked out a little, but didn't get sick. I've had expired Miracle whip too, never made me sick and I had a lot more of it then two bites. It'll be okay!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Most things that come out of a bottle take YEARS to actually become harmful, and even then, its only when they sprout hairy mould or change colour that you really have to worry [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I had some out of date salad dressing the other day that tasted kinda weird, and I'm fine!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"