Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Those of you whom remember well enough to answer, last time you became ill witha SV, what were your onsetting symptoms? Did you start to feel nausious then a few hours later get sick, or did you get stomach cramps, lots of gas, or very spontaneous diarrhea out of no where all the sudden?

About 2-3 hours before, I started having a "rock in my stomach" feeling and epigastric tenderness (area in center directly below ribs).

I at first lost my appetite a little, I say a little because I was still able to eat four pieces of pizza, but didn't want my twix bar after. Thought that was strange, and then it turned pretty slowly from uncomfortable fullness to full on nausea. Then I knew I had it, and right about that time I got pain in my stomach area and d* so bad, like every fifteen minutes I was in the bathroom with it. After a good three hours of fighting it, I gave in and really needed to v*, but my stomach only heaved three times but nothing came out, even with a gut full of pizza. I really think if I would have been able to rid myself of that pizza, I wouldn't have been n* for three days after![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Damn phobia....

*knock on wood* *crosses fingers* [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I can't remember ever having a sv*.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I was feeling fine all day, but about 8 pm I felt weird because I was
    not hungry (that's really uncommon, besides the last time I'd eaten was
    about 5 pm). I ate a chocolate bar anyway. What I started to notice by
    that time was that I kept burping and it tasted like my dinner (the one
    I'd had at 5 pm). No matter that I ate a chocolate bar on it, I still
    burped with my dinner. I started thinking that maybe I had indigestion
    or something like that. At about 9.30 pm I started feeling n* and very
    very sleepy. I went to bed even though I had to write some stuff. I
    almost fell asleep but the n* became stronger and I couldn't keep
    myself still. I started thinking that it was because I actually was
    hungry and at about 11.30 pm I took an apple. I couldn't eat it all
    because it became worse. I v* first time a bit after midnight., right after v*, I started having d*. I drank
    lots of water (because I thought it was FP.. I had no idea about sv*
    then) and v* 3 times more. At about 2 am I went to bed and the next day
    had a fever and also felt weird but good actually. The stomach felt so
    clean and healthy. All the symptoms were gone.

It was not as scary as I think of it when i remember. The most scariest
    thing for me was that waiting and the whole process before I started
    v*. V* was actually very reliefing...

Edited by: longgone
    You only live once

My son caught a sv* years ago that I unfortunately ended up getting as well. My older sister and her oldest daughter were in town staying with me at the time for the holidays, and while here her kid ended up getting really ill with v*. God, what a nightmare! After they finally left that afternoon I noticed my son acting and looking a bit unusual....very cranky and pale, refused to eat and so forth. I was feeling a bit off myself, but I thought it was just because of my v*-filled week with my sister's daughter. I tried to eat a piece of fudge but threw it away because I just didn't feel very hungry, and my stomach was starting to hurt a bit too. Then my son started to v* out of nowhere, and the fun REALLY began. I ended up asking my mom to come stay with us and help out with my son because I was feeling so poorly.

With me I first just felt "funny" and had no appetite whatsoever, and then the stomach pains began. I remember they were awful, and almost like cramps. After an hour or so of that the n* started. I never ended up actually v*ing, but on a few occasions I was extremely close. But I did have horrible d* all night. By morning both my son and I were feeling quite a bit better though. I did, however, call my sister and thank her for the LOVELY gift she left us!

*knock on wood*

Last time I v*ed with a sv*, I went to bed and woke up a couple hours later with a little n* and having to go to the bathroom (not d* though). Then I couldn't get back to sleep because of the n* and eventually v*ed.

The last time I had a sv* without v*, I woke up feeling off and not hungry which is very strange for me, then the n* and d* started to come gradually. I was very n* by the end of the day, but when I went to bed, I woke up feeling good the next day.Edited by: kellybean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The morning it happened, I woke up without much of an appetite. I ate a half bagel and didn't want the rest. That's unusual for me, b/c I eat decent sized meals (hence, the extra 30 pounds of lovin' that I have.)

It was Christmas Day, so we had to visit family and eat dinner. I ate lunch and dinner fine. Then, after I left my grandparents', I started getting a stomachache. I've had plenty of stomachaches, so I didn't really panic. I took some Dramamine just to keep calm. Then, I thought maybe it was acid indigestion, so I took Rolaids. It did nothing to help and the ache kept getting worse and worse. I thought for sure that I would only have to poop, but it turned out to be the sv.

I just clearly remember being very tired all day--just drowsy and wanting to sleep. I didn't have much interest in food, and just forced myself to eat. Those were the main "before" symptoms that I had.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I havea svat the moment I think[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]no v*ing though thank God. My first symptom was constant nausea, and being turned off food. I was also REALLY tired and drained... At first I thought I was pregnant again because my symptoms were so similar to my experience of morning sickness- Weird ay. Oh and pretty bad body aches too. It wasn't until today that the d* started though and I've felt off for two days [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

was fine one moment,,,,,,the the d started, very bad,,,,,cramps....and horrible n. this started at 2pm...i remember...and that was almost 8 yrs ago. i was so n i made my hubby take me to the er and they got me right in. in the 3 hrs i had the d.....like every 5 min......i was severly dehydrated. i did v once.....but they think it was because i was so dehydrated. they set me up with 2 iv'x and i waqs 100% better. no more d or v after that. but after i v'd i felt much better and more releived.....but then the next year i had a UTI and was very N and the fear was back

Mine started kind of strange.....i had gone to bed that night feeling rather tired, and sort of full, but not too bad....i woke up at 4am...with a bad stomache....then i really wasn't n per say, but knew i had to go into the bathroom....i just knew....and then i proceded to get the chills, and then hot, and then it happened....
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

The last time I v* was about 12 or so years ago, but I can remember it like it was yesterday. It began a couple hours after I ate lunch. My stomach felt like there was a brick in it and I kept having to burp and burp and burp. (which trust me is not uncommon for me- I just remember it being really nutty this time) This went on for about 3 hours and then I started getting cramps in my lower tummy. (we were on the road for this- too so that sucked) Finally I gave in and had my mom stop somewhere so that I could have diarrhea. It was really awful diarrhea. I thought I was all better- a little shaky and weak though. And I started walking to the car when it suddenly hit me. My salivary glands starting going nuts and I knew right then that it was inevitable. She was on her way in to check on me, so we met at the door and I turned back to the bathroom- she followed. I got sick 2x in the Micky D's bathroom. Ick. After that, we returned to the car. I slept for the duration of the ride home (about 3 hours). We got home at 10:30 pm. I slept some more and woke up about 2 am in a sweat with my salivary glands acting up again- i knew once more it was going to happen. I got to the bathroom just in time. Again 2x. Went back to bed with pain in my tummy and woke up feeling weak, but felt better in the morning.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I forgot feeling very cold and the chills all over me.
    You only live once

I remember feeling cold and clammy, and then really n* and worried I was going to v*. We were doing construction on our bathroom so we had no running water and I had to go d*....can you imagine? So I had to go to the nearest pizza place and use their bathroom. I feel so guilty for infecting that bathroom. Then I got home and the n* got so much worse. I sat in my mother's bed and I knew it was going to happen. She came by my side with a garbage can and I v*. I did this 3 more times and continually had d* throughout the night. I remember being SO incredibly thirsty and actually dreaming of being submursed in water....but I Was too afraid to drink anything. The next day I felt great. The worst was over.

The one sv* I can remember ever having *knock on wood* was 5 years ago. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really n*, which wasn't uncommon for me, so I decided I would try to go back to sleep. After tossing and turning for 30 minutes, I decided to get up and get my parents. (I was 10 years old at the time.) When I got into their room I started crying because I remember the n* suddenly getting much worse...and the next thing I knew I v* on their carpet [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I ended up v*ing 3 more times, but no d*, and in a day or so I felt completely better. Looking back on it, it really wasn't that bad, but I'm just scared of getting a sv* with lots of v*ing and d* [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    *~Ashley~*

If you need someone to talk to, private message me! =)

I got last years bug in January I think it was, after both of my kids had it. I even used gloves and cleaned with bleach and washed my hands a million times. I don't know how in the world I got it, but I did. I remember being extremely gassy and having horrible cramps, then the d* started and I battled it for a little while. Then, the n* started and it was all downhill from there. I v* many many many times and was just miserable. I thought I would die. I also had my kids to care for, and they mostly had to fend for themselves. I'm a back pain patient, having 2 herniated discs in my back, and the absence of being able to take my meds made me have pain that was off the charts in my back and legs. I hope I never have to go thru that again. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();