Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i went to my dr today to tell him about this phobia and of course he didnt know what it was. how is it that so many of us have it, and noone ever heard of it? ugh! so anyway he put me on some medication for the anxiety and panic disorder and pretty much told me to seek councelling. i planned on that anyway, it is just frustrating living in a world of ppl who are blind to us emets! grrrr!

hopefully the meds will help me to function and go places like most ppl do without having a panic attack! if i can at least get that far, that would make me happy!

What did your doctor give you for the anxiety and panic disorder? I am
    going to the doctor next week. He doesn't know about my fear. It will
    be interesting to see if he knows what it is. I am going to Las Vegas
    and I want something in case i get bad.

LEt me tell you something, I told my psychiatrist about my Emet and he asked me, "How many times are you throwing up a day?" I was like WIGGA WHAT? Then I had to RE-Explain myself to him, and he was like "Oh" then blah de blah, he said it was an eating disorder (He was at the time the leading doctor in the feild of eating disorders at the time) but the point was he didn't really even listen to me. Anyway I switched Psych Doctors (Not for that reason, he was a really good doc just very busy) ANYWAY my new Psych doc seems to know a little more about Emet. She's Japanese, like from Japan, so it's fun to hear her talk, she has a cute accent. I digress....

I agree, how can doctors NOT know about this phobia?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

hey susie he put me on zoloft and i forget the name but its something that is supposed to be stronger than xanax..but im not sure how that works bc i am feeling pretty icky..i hope its just bc the med doesnt work and not bc im getting sick...ugh this sucks![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

monica...an eating disorder?!!! i think dr just say whatever comes to mind sometimes just so they dont look like a fool! im glad you found someone helpful, hopefully i will soon too!

Thanks, I am sure it's the meds making you feel that way. I really don't want to take anything that's going to make me feel icky.