Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Nothing to do with emets but i'm just wondering if anyones read any good books recently? I like books with good plots and especially ones where you can relate to the characters.

Haha, I really do love Harry Potter. Go Ask Alice is another good one. Ummm....A Girl Called Zippy.I'll think more when I get home from school. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

The latest two I've read and enjoyed were "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards and "At First Sight" by Nicholas Sparks.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I happened upon one recently called "Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom". The plot was great...I did not want to put it down. If you like Desperate Housewives, you would love this book!
    Be Here Now

Shiva! i loved Nicholas Sparks message in a bottle, so i might check that one out and the other one sounds good too. nicki, that book sounds different, i'll check it out, thanks. New slang, i'm not keen on Harry potter books but i'll check out the other one you suggested.

Any more? keep em coming

Katie

I read "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb back in November. Has anyone ever read that? It was a VERY intense read!

Shiva - I'm reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" right now and love it! KimEdwards has a very interesting writing style - she uses a lot of colons and semi-colons. Did you notice that? It was bothering me at first and then I just ignored it because the story line is so good!

Dorothea Benton Frank is also a great author. Her storiesare set inSouth Carolina's low country so they make great beach reads! "Sullivan's Island" is her best. (www.dotfrank.com)Edited by: chally

The Time Traveller's Wife and Memoirs of a Geisha werepretty good.

I loved both of those Denise said, and I remember liking "She's Come Undone", but it was awhile ago! I am in a book club, so we read a book a month. Now we are reading "Marley and Me" by John Grogan. I just started it, but it looks pretty cute.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I remember reading "she's come undone" but not really rating it all that much. It was good though. I recently read the time travellers wife and I loved it. One book I love is "The speed of light" by Elizabeth Rosner. I love the way that it's written, it's very expressive.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I've read the time travellers wife too that was good.

Anything by Elizabeth Berg is really good. White Oleander is really good.

Ive read The Phantom</span> by Susan Kay, and its one of the best books I've ever read. Its not easy to get a hold of tho, try your library.

Also if you want a long haul read, with lots of detail theres The Lord of the Rings</span> by JRR Tolkien. Its a lot to get through but very good.

Chally,
    My favorite book is "I know this much is true" by Wally Lamb. I like his writing style. LOL! I didn't notice her writing style, but it could be because I tend to write the same way. Kind of on and on and on....

\"This too shall pass\"

Here are some good books to read, mostly horror:

The Ring by Koji Suzuki (Murder Mystery/Horror)

Cell By Stephen King (Horror)

A Handmaid's Tale By Margaret Atwood (Sort of AU/Sci-Fi/Fantasy)

Pet Sematary By Stephen King (Horror) And there is a vomit scene in the book so if you don't like reading about it either, don't choose this book.

If you want summaries to any of these books PM me and I'll tell you :-D

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

The Davinci Code is really good. Much better than the movie! I am currently reading The most evil Men and Women throughout history, very good book!

I just finished The Memory Keepers Daughter and it was really good.
    Looking in the past only gets you down, but looking into the future can give you wings.

I loved "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb...I definitely suggest it!!

I recently read "The Kite Runner" and it was by far one of the best books I've ever read in my life.

Oh, yes! I LOVE The Kite Runner!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Angels in the Wilderness by Amy Racina (action/real life)

All the Harry Potters, I'm an adict, lol

The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks (so romantic)

Lord of the Rings, wonderful book, and The Hobbit

Snowcrash and I can't remember the author (futuristic computer age book with lots of pizza and adventure

I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.