Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like since I removed all traces of Alvin's stuff that the anxiety has gotten a lot worse around here and a lot of newbies seem particularly misinformed and panicking about transmission of noroviruses.

Alvin and I are currently trying to convince a Ph.D. guy from UBC to validate and put his name to Alvin's information, so that he doesn't keep getting the "you're not a doctor" criticsm. (Alvin is doing a masters degree in microbiology currently, and did some extensive research on noroviruses and their transmission ....and posted it here...but was criticized for not being a doctor. He reacted emotionally to the criticism and asked to have his stuff removed.)

Basically, Alvin's a nice guy who wants to help. I'm sure it wouldn't take much convincing to get him to agree to put the info back up, and just "suck it up" and take the criticism from whoever wants to wield it. Even Ph.D's get criticized for their work, anyway.

What do you guys think? Is it ultimately more helpful to have it here, and just brace for the occasional critic? Or better to wait for the Ph.D. guy? Would even he be questioned?
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, get it back - he knows what he's talking about. I have a PhD and certainly wouldn't claim to be an expert on anything, not even close. By this score, even someone with a Phd in this stuff doesn't necessarily know chapter and verse. Alvin has done extensive research - as an academic myself, that counts for more than paper qualifications.

I think you should bring it back. A lot of people have been asking questions lately that he addressed. And if people don't trust his opinion, that's their own perogative. But, it's a good reference for those who are looking for answers.

Yes, please! :-)
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I would love it if you brought it back. I totally listened and respected Alvin and I felt alot better with the stuff he told us!!!!

Please bring it back!!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

YES!!! Alvin was nothing but helpful. I would love to have that information back.

Please bring it back I really used that as a reference many times. Please thank him for the efforts he put into it.

Yes, please bringAlvin's information back. I always found it really helpful at difficult times.

Yes please please please please
    I love Sam

Yes, indeed
    You only live once

Yes, I think bringing Alvin's info back would be helpful. I have seen many newbies post questions that were in there, and it is sad that they can't benefit from that information.
    I think no matter how many degrees someone has, somebody will question their facts, but for those of us who trust his findings, it is a real lifesaver. The people that disagree with his info can choose not to read it, simple as that.

i second that!

Yes!!! Please!

Pleeeeease bring it back!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Yes, Alvin's information should be put back up. I trust what he has to say. He never tried to say things only for comfort...he just put the truth out there. I know that when I joined it helped me out so very much. I do hate that the newer members cannot benefit from it as so many have. I can see how Alvin would be concerned. Maybe if there were not a way to reply on the thread containing his info, there would be no conflict from those who choose to dispute it. You can choose to believe it or not...leave the drama out of it.

<3 much love to Alvin for his concern and help <3
    Be Here Now

[QUOTE=nicki77]

. You can choose to believe it or not...leave the drama out of it.

WELL SAID I AGREE...if you don't wan't to read it or don't believe him then simply just don't open the forum up.

WITHOUT A DOUBT YOU SHOULD BRING IT BACK...PLEASE!! Edited by: ladyvolfan

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->
    YES!! please bring it back!! I'm a newbie and constantly have questions his info would probably have answered.

YES DEFINITELY bring it back

Those of you who decide to criticize him reallly, he does know what hes talking about, more than doctors do in fact, dont irritate him, i for one hate ignorant criticism!

Bring it back!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Yes. I think that his factual information helped with anxiety.

Please get it back[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

you know Sage.....if people do not like what he has to say....then they should not bother being on this site.

It really helped me.

^

I agree w/ you 100%! I found Alvin's info to be VERY helpful, and I was sooo thankful to learn a lot of my facts on sv* were wrong.

I read Alvins info DURING a bout of sv* in my house and rested much easier, and used precautions and never got it. I trust him. PLEASE bring it back!!!!!

Me too, get him back!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
    </span></span></font></span></span></span></span></span></span>
    \"This too shall pass\"

I really found Alvin's info SO helpful!! Bring it back please!!

YES, Sage. Everyone seems to have found it helpful, and I always like to be informed than not. Thank you....</font>

Yes Sage please bring his info back, if people here dont like his info then they do not need to look, and if they debate it and want to look it up and study it for themselve's then thats upto them they can contact the places they find the info and take it from there, but with the majority of people on here who wants it back for reasurance, I think it should be!

I think you should let Alvin read this and then see if that shows him how valuable we think his info is.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Yeah, I think it should be brought back.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"