Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lovely...[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

i really want to live in a bubble!!!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I have worried about this article all day. One of my employees came in this morning and said that she had already v*ed twice and could she please go home. I was like....PLEASE go home and don't even come back tomorrow. I feel so bad for her....her husband just got deployed to Iraq and she has an 8 month old baby. She called me back this afternoon and said she had been v*ing ALL day and was now running a 102 temperature. I sooooo hope no one else gets it in the office.

OK, so I wouldn't use our employee bathroom all day afraid that I would come in contact with the v*. I had to pee sooooooo bad when I got home tonight.

One positive thing in that USA Today article. It did say that people with B blood types are immune to certain strains of noro....thank goodness! I'm B+. Sorry if this article was a downer to anyone...but it did hold some good info on how to keep noro away. Good luck everyone! Stay healthy!!

Not to jinx myself, but I think I have B blood or at least I had a very mild strain and passed it on to my mother. Although she was the only one in the house that got sick, and there were 3 other people there at the time.

I don't usually get svs just colds....and trust me those suck too.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Thats nice. Why do they publish things like that? Are they bored? Ugh...

I am sure many on this site will have increasing anxiety[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I hate ALL illness. Ugh I have no idea what my blood type is [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I bet it's O... eww

"When you're ill, you're really ill," he says. "People (can) vomit 20 times a day."

WHAT THE f***! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

see belowEdited by: sheri-baby
    ~Sheri~

[QUOTE=xxsophiaxx]
    "When you're ill, you're really ill," he says. "People (can) vomit 20 times a day."

this is probably what scaes me the most about the norovirus that people are getting, i keep hearing people say they have never v* so much in their life!!!...it was never this badyears ago[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    ~Sheri~

EXACTLY!!! It PISSES me off!

oh god, I hope I'm one of the immune norovirus people. lmfao I highly doubt it... but um *KNOCK WOOD HARD* no one in my family... seems to really get it *KNOCK WOOD HARD AGAIN*. It's the same way w/ colds.... BUT that's only my immediate family, aka the people I live with. my parents siblings are just like the other people. I wonder wtf is up w/ my family. lol. one time all the kids in my little sisters class fell ill with chicken pox- except her! OMFG *knocks wood* how lucky is that. Sadly, I wasn't so lucky. when it was going around my 2nd grade class, I caught it. But that's respiratory, very easy to get. However... at my choir performance last month... practically every1 fell ill w/ sv* and v*ing... and .... *KNOCKS WOOD*... I was one of the very few that didn't. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]OMFG *knocks wood* I really do hope i'm type B blood

I don't know if I agree with the article about people with type B blood
    not getting SV as often. My sister is B and she gets alot of stomach
    viruses (at least 1 a year). Also, my husband has type B and we all
    just got over a stomach virus on Christmas. He did have a milder case
    of it then my daughter and I did though so maybe that is the difference.

I heard last night on the news here in Orlando about it being here. I just feel so vulnerable and totally worried. I'm an emet that worries about myself, husband, son and anyone else that I come in contact with getting sick. Doomed, I think that's the best way to describe what I'm feeling - dark and doomed. I'm hoping when it comes that I will cope, guess I'll have to. I'm washing my hands like crazy and driving my family nuts with the constand "WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!" I know they are sick (no punn intended) of my insanity. I tried to mack a pact with myself not to ask "What's wrong? Feel Okay??" I barely made it an afternoon without just HAVING to ask. Sometimes I feel living alone would make it so much easier on me but I love being married andbeing a Mom. Just venting....thanks for listening.

Love you guys!!

Hey, guys, yeah I'm scared too but do me a favor, reread the line about the last big out break being winter 2002/2003. How many of you v*ed then? I'm not saying that none of us will get it but really stop and think about it. Reread all the preventative stuff. I know w/ kids or travel it's harder and certain kinds of business but even those, wash your hands, don't touch your face or food until you've washed, follow all the guidelines. Of course there is always risk and right now 'tis the season but you can reduce the risk significantly which they of course leave out in articles like that. At this point there is a choice to be made: give in to the fear, freak out, MAKE ourselves feel sick whetehr we are or not OR accept what we've read, take precautions and hope for the best.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

My dtr and I had the horrible sv* during the big outbreak in Feb 2003! And I didn't even know it was "big and going around" until I read that article.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe
    Hey, guys, yeah I'm scared too but do me a favor, reread the line about the last big out break being winter 2002/2003.* How many of you v*ed then?* I'm not saying that none of us will get it but really stop and think about it.* Reread all the preventative stuff.* I know w/ kids or travel it's harder and certain kinds of business but even those, wash your hands, don't touch your face or food until you've washed, follow all the guidelines.* Of course there is always risk and right now 'tis the season but you can reduce the risk significantly which they of course leave out in articles like that.* At this point there is a choice to be made: give in to the fear, freak out, MAKE ourselves feel sick whetehr we are or not OR accept what we've read, take precautions and hope for the best.* </font>
    Very well said!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Also, if you read the bottom of the article it said that the outbreaks are seasonal AND unlikely to last much longer.

I posted the article in hopes that we would gain some positive knowledge. Don't let the scary stuff consume you. Continue with all the prevention that you normally do...WASH your hands, use sanitizer, be soooo careful with public toilets and be sooooo careful at public restaurants. I almost NEVER eat out this time of year....there is always someone working that isn't well and doesn't take the proper precautions.

My employee that went home Tuesday with n* and v* is fine now and no one else in my clinic contracted the virus. Thank goodness! I've gotten everyone sooo paranoid about catching a sv. We all wash our hands in scalding water with antiviral soap and then use anti viral gel. Our hands are red and scaly, but we are healthy!! lololol

O-M-F-G!!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]I v*d in summer 2002!!! do you think that was sv* related? and I had REALLLLLLYYYYYY bad d* late November-early December 2002! OMFG... wow... and I didn't even know there was an outbreak then.

This article scared the S*** out of me!! I whish my family could just hibernate until the season passes!! Now I feel like their is no way to prevent my kids or my husband and I from bringing this awful illness home! Give me a cold any day!!

I picked up the USA Today and was mortified. OMG!!!! I had a feeling that this was a bad year because of the postings on this board and from several other articles I have read about this.

I am not going to negate the severity of this year's outbreak. Some years are going to be worse than others and it looks like we are in the midst of a bad one. I do know they monitor this illness much more viligently than they ever did. In fact, reporting and monitoring norovirus is a relatively new process. So, there have probably been years worse or just as bad as this one,but they were not not closely followed.

Hibernating until April would be nice, but we know we can't. All we can do is practice good hygeine, wash our hands and keep them away from our faces.

Stella

Understand that just because you have B type blood doesn't mean you're COMPLETELY immune to the virus, just more resistant to it. Meaning, you can still get a bug!

Stella you are so right about the reportings of Norovirus. They NEVER used to talk about it on the news like they do now. And their probably have been just asbad of years and we just didnt know it. Around where I live (Michigan) their have been so many reportings in restaurants!! I never have heard of so many people getting sick from eating out! It will be a very long time until I eat at a restaurant.

HA HA maybe we got some emet researchers and media people and that's why more info is becoming available lol sorry needed a little humor in here!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

lmfao SimplyMe!!!

anyway, today on the news, they didn't specifically mention norovirus, but they said this year the "sick" season has been VERY mild in western Washington and that people aren't having to miss school/work. Although...people are probably just going out sick...eww.... *KNOCKS WOOD* hope it stays mild

"In tests with volunteers, you feed them (virus), they get sick. A week later, you give it again, they're immune. You give it six months later, and they get sick again," he says

umm...eww...people actually volunteer to test the norovirus?? i mean i suppose somebody has to and it is thanks to people like them that we no so much about it but still the thought of actually signing up to v* is horrifying!

lol I wonder... if I was part of that test, if it would help my emets...

amy - theres noro in michigan restaurants? ahh okay, im done with restaurants now. and i wanted to go to benihana so bad, but i wont enjoy it if im on edge.

i cant imagine people actually volunteering to v*! thats insane. sick creeps.(part of me wishes i was like that though.)

im acutally afraid to click that link.
    -Sarah Maria

okay, i read it.

"Happily, it is unlikely to last much longer."

thank goodness. oh yeah, proud to be type B. =]
    -Sarah Maria