Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just eating an apple and was thinking the usual, what happens if there is something wrong with it ect and I do the same with veg..

I know it is easy to tell whether it is bad or not, but I buy apples loose from the supermarket and always get them from the layer underneath but still worried people have touched them with bad hands ect..

Am I the only one??

Trying to eat healthy is such a chore these days [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Veg are fine is you wash and cook them...fruit, well I guess there's a small risk, as with everything, but providing you wash it well then you should be fine!!

Hope you're ok!

I may be crazy but I wash them with soap and water. I just feel better who knows what they go through from the field to the store.

I always just wash mine with soap and water....that should clean the outside skin very well...you'll be fine ok....take care.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I'm a vegetarian and eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. I wash whateverfruits and veggies I can with soap and water. For others not so easy to wash (broccoli, lettuce, etc.) I rinse several times. Grapes get a doucing of boiling water before I rinse them off with cold water.

I don't worry so much about veggies I'm cooking - I have faith that the heat will kill any germs.

I've never had a problem (knock on wood!).

Darn[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Wish I had thought of that..

Well I run it under cold water then rub it over with my hands under the cold water the quickly under the hot tap and again under the cold and then ate it, oo I hope its gona be ok

This is why I eat tinned fruit lol!

Thankx for youre replys guys!

x

You'll be fine - sometimes I eat fruit without washing it...when I'm feeling daring, lol!!

LOL daring, more brave than me Suze :P

Yea, my mother picks grapes and eats them to see if they are fresh in the supermarket and wow, I just walk away lol

I rinse them really good with a fruit and veggie wash that I get at the grocery store.

I always use the produce bags to pick out my fruit and veggies so that I dont have to touch them, and people always look at me funny. BUt hey, thats one less person and or thing touchign them or infecting them
    I love Sam

I avoid eating fresh fruit and veggies, but if I do, I wash them carefully with hot water and soap.
    You only live once

I just run mine under cold water, dry and munch away. I still won't eat spinach, though.
    Be Here Now

Nope, no spinach for me unless its the cooked kind in the bag and frozen. I bought this fruit and veggie wash at the store and its all natural ingredients and I read that it gets all the nasties off stuff but its made with citrus. I really like it, you can find it in the fruit area I think. Janna