Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

SAGE SAYS: Warning! This whole thread is very graphic, and may cause some people to be more frightened than helped. Only proceed if you think it will help you to read extremely scary, graphic stories, or to post your own story.

At my last meeting with my therapist, she asked me to tell her about my worst emet experience (I told her about the ice cream thing) and I thought it might be a good idea for all of us to do that and kind of get it off our chests. Shall we give it a go? Thumbs up [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img] or thumbs down [img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]? Ok I admit it that last bit was just an excuse for smilies. lol Edited by: sage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

May Be Graphic*********

Mines a toss up...two experiences...

fist was when i had my first panic attack and when my emet came to the fron.t It was about two years ago..i woke up in the night and heard my poor dad in the bathroom being violently ill..i then realized I was going to be sick..so I ran for the kitchen trashcan...i just dry heaved..but it was horrid..just horrid..i went back to bed crying my butt off and shaking so ahrd I could barely walk.

the next was about two months ago..i was at work (my office shares a wall with a public bathroom) and I heard a woman being evry ill in the bathroom..i FREAKED...i managed to calm myself down enough to tell my boss I needed a break..i then ran across the street to my moms office and sat with her for a few minutes until i was brave enough to go back...it was bad..she was VERY loud and it sounded like it hurt..she came out of the bathroom looking miserable...i felt bad for her..but i was scared to death..i wasnt able to use that bathoom (and its the ONLY one) for a few days.
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

The worst thing for me was the food poisoning. Diarrhea and vomit at the same time. It was the most terrifying thing ever and it scarred me for life.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

I think that would be one of my worst nightmares skon!!! LORD that would be horrid!!!
    Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by kmarie

the next was about two months ago..i was at work (my office shares a wall with a public bathroom) and I heard a woman being evry ill in the bathroom..i FREAKED...i managed to calm myself down enough to tell my boss I needed a break..i then ran across the street to my moms office and sat with her for a few minutes until i was brave enough to go back...it was bad..she was VERY loud and it sounded like it hurt..she came out of the bathroom looking miserable...i felt bad for her..but i was scared to death..i wasnt able to use that bathoom (and its the ONLY one) for a few days.

I had something like that happen to me, I was on holiday and i went to the bathroom when i heard this little kid in the stall next door to me crying and a mum saying "Well done! it was hard to get all that out of you, wasn't it" then a retching sound and "oh no, more's coming!" I just yanked up my skirt and ran like hell!I was petrified!

YUCK!!!! i went to the bathroom at school once..i was just finishing when a girl cam running in..and she didnt make it to the toilet..so iheard it all hit the floor...lord..i didnt use that bathroom for weeks....YUCK YUCK YUCK!
    Garth Brooks

Honestly, what I am going through right now is my worst emet experience. I have been getting a bloated and/or nauseated stomach for the past 4 or 5 months and I am just now beginning to go to doctor's for tests. I am afraid of what might be wrong and also afraid that I might start v*ing one of these days. I don't know, I used to be terrified of getting a stomach flu, which only lasts for a day or so. What I am going through now is much worse! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Omigod! How did you come out in the end???

Oooohhhh! "sympathy vibes" I hope you feel better.

Thank you, hippyclown. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I have a couple of them too....

I think I was about 18 years old. We had gone to my cousin's wedding about an hour away from our house. My stepdad got way too drunk. We were about 15 minutes out of town heading home that night and he starts rolling down the window saying he's going to be sick. I'm sitting right behind him, so you can imagine what I'm thinking: we're speeding down the highway and he's opening the window to v* out of it and it's going to come back and hit me. I screamed for him to open the door. My mom pulled over and he opened the door and v*d. I was crying and holding my ears. I didn't eat for a couple days and I didn't sleep that night. It was horrible. I think this is why drunk v* bothers me just as much.

About a year ago, and I think this was the start of my really bad bad bad winter depression, I was driving to the place I work out and this car was going really slow in front of me. I didn't know if I should just pull around (I wish I had) or what, so I slowed down too. All of a sudden a guy got out of the passenger side and ran a few feet and projectile v*d. I saw the whole thing. It was awful.

Uhhh... that didn't make me feel better. Just made the movie in my head play again..... I really should use those to desensitize myself....
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

i think the experience that kinda started my phobia off really badly , was wen i was in primary school.

this boy infront of me, suddenly said he felt really sick and the teacher was lke " quick run to the bathroom" but he didnt make it, and jst by the door he left a lovely pile of the stuff

and i cudnt just run out the classroom, and we HAD to jump over the v*, assisted by our teacher so we cud leave the classroom. it stank and he felt very embarrassed poor guy.

its not really nething that terrible, but my phobia is MAINLY because of my childhood, but i think that experience was what started the anxiety in me that i get everyday now.

interesting topoic, btw.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Same thing as Sweetfreak, I've been going through tummy problems and tests since November. I haven't V'd yet, but I'm worried I will. I'm constantly nauseous with TRUE nausea, not the in my head stuff. It's whole body nausea that gives me the chills, fevers, stiff neck, asthma, etc. Doctor's still don't know what's going on with me. I had compazine, but it slowed my breathing too much and I ended up in the hospital because of it, she won't prescribe another med she said to use Pepto, which I do, but it's not strong enough. I feel like a druggie, but it's not demerol I want, it's compazine or other anti nausea meds!

WARNING,... these next two stories are graphic.

The thing that started emet was when I was about6 or so, I swallowed some fluoride at the dentist office and had to throw up, I didn't feel like I had to get sick, I just remember the dental hygenist grabbing my arm and rushing me to the bathroom where I v'd into the toilet.

When I was 8 and my sister was 16, she got her tonsils out and when the scar tissue detached from her throat and went into her stomach, it made her v' blood. I was the only one home with her and she was in the bathroom connected to our parents bedroom, I remember it splashing all over the walls, it was the blood from the scar things, but it still scared her, and scared me.

I wish i'd know where my fear started. I think it was the time when i got sick infront of lot of people. They screamed and run out of the room. i was very little. I'm 25 and had the fear for 20 years. Everytime somebody got sick, i wont go to tha toilet, or stay away from that person.

I realized when mine started a little while ago, It was when I was 'bout 5 or 6 but either way I've been an emit for either 10 or 11 years.. Im 16.

***Attention Can Potentionally be graphic***

One time I was spending the night at my grandma's house and I was sleeping in my aunts room.I was thirsty so I asked her to getme a drinkof water. She got up and sodid I and then all of the sudden she started coughing and then V*d all over me. From this day I #1Am an emet #2 wont spend the night at anyones houses,not even theperson that I enjoy beingwith the most out of everyone!I can have people spend the night at my house,I just can't go to theirs.

Well I have two stories.... First one made my emet very bad for quite a few years and it was when we went out with a group of friends. There were 8 of us so used two cars. They all decided to go nightclubing afterward and my husband and I decided we weren't going we would go home. All those going to the nightclub went in the first car and us in the second. Half way they stopped as someone was sick in the car.... Because of that they were not going nightclubbing which meant they had to come in with us.... I was a bag of nervous... totally freaking so I sat in the front of the car... the woman who was sick behind me so I could not see anything... that did not work as you can all imagine what happened next... yip... all down my back... I was shaking for hours after that... very hesterical... Took my husband ages to talk me out of that one....

Second one... well I joined the police as a detention officer looking after prisoners... I knew that I would have to come across sick people, drunk people, drug addicts and so on... I knew it would help with exposure... anyway this woman took ill on me on night in the cells... and she was really really bad... I could not cope and sat round the corner shaking... A work friend had to take over from me in the end... I went home in tears, shaking and crying so much... ready to give the job up determind it had beat me and I just could not do it...... I wasso cross because I could not do it... the fear was so strong and ruling me... Well guess what... 5 years later I am still in the same job and because of exposure... it does not bother me one single bit now... and I have seen loads... and cleaned up a few messes.... Now and then when I have a bad day I must admit the fear greeps in and takes over but does not last long at all.... The woman who took ill turned out that she had a stroke in the end but is fine now.... so pleased someone gave me hand though....

When I\'m not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.

Ugh, lol Im not even gonna read all of this thread. Not now anyway.

Mine is probably when my gran was sick, I was about 14, n I came home from skool for lunch n found her, sittin at the bottom of the stairs puking on a paper, unable to get up. Thats possibly the most scared Ive ever been... n one of the v.few times Ive actually seen someone throwin up...

These hols when I went home my parents were talkin bout how my dad used to get really sick from ulcers, n throw up for the whole night. I knew hed had ulcers, but not that it was that bad- I remember nothin before the age of 4 n a half, n very little really before I was 6 or 7. My parents think thats why I have a 'thing' about being sick. I guess if it was that bad, n I saw or heard somethin it coulda made me afraid... but then why dont I remember?

i think mine was one a few things wen i was about 7

one was in the dinner hall...a lad was sick all over the lad next 2 me...the guy jumped up and screamed hes been sick...it my have been the scream that actually scrared me but i now link that fear to the v*

another was wen i watched problem child 2 after hearin my dad tell my mom it was gross...i was so curious i was actually excited about seeing it...wen i did i cried lol

wierd thing is wen i was very little i was sick all the time no bother and wudnt b bothered if ne1 else is ill

hippyclown wot was the ice cream thing? i dont think ive read it b4