Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just wondering if anyone else had bad nervous habits. Mines is chewing the inside of my mouth and cheeks when i am stressed out or nervous about something. It can be quite painful afterwards. I also am a hair twirler but thats mostly out of bordom.

I chew the inside of my cheeks too,but not whenI'm stressed, I tend to do it when I'm concentrating on something.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I chew the inside of my mouth, but I also grind my teeth in my sleep, so my bite needs realigning.

I don't think i do anything but my cheeks turn bright red, and hot to the touch when im excited, nervous, scared, and so forth
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I chew on thi inside of my cheeks too. But I do it alot not just when I am stressed. I do it when I am concentrating also!!

I always chew on my bottom lip and peel the skin off with my teeth (gross I know!!). I've made my lip bleed doing it soooo many times.

I pop my knuckles and bounce my legs really fast. I also fidget with my piercings.
    Be Here Now

Quote Originally Posted by nicki77
    I pop my knuckles and bounce my legs really fast. I also fidget with my piercings.
    Eeww, popping knuckles is like nails down a chalk board for me! I bounce my legs though and pull on my bottom lip - not the best thing for an emet to do eh?!

I do everything thing that has been listed here so far[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]I am a very bad teeth grinder....it hurts so bad sometimes when i wake up in the morning!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I crack my wrists, knuckles, and elbows. I shake and bouce my legs. I chew gum. I pull at my hair(but I never pull it out). I rub my eyes. I also count things when I'm really upset. I'm a total nutcase when I'm stressed. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

hmmm i do some of those things. I play with my hair and put it up and
    down in ponytails and weird styles a lot and i scratch myself untill I am
    red. I will also wipe my glasses or stretch and crack my back and my
    hands and tap my pencil if i am in class or fiddle with stuff in my bag.
    The last thing is I go through an insane amount of altoids. My mom gets
    cases of altoids from sams club every couple weeks for me! I am
    having a really bad day today on the panic standpoint and I have gone
    through about a full box of 'toids.
    ~viva~

I chew stuff. Like, the inside of my cheek, pens, gum, or my thumb. I also dig my fingernails into the back of my neck (i also do this when im n*). I scratch the back of my left thumb with my pointer finger (now its so scarred up.. im using cocoa butter to smooth it out). I jiggle my legs and shift my position a lot.

Oh I forgot about that one - my legs get fidgety when I'm nervous and I jiggle them about a lot. I also grind my teeth at night and have even done a bit of damage to them [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I bounce my legs around, A LOT! I start rocking and ringing my hands....I start thinking about the things that are hanging on the wall (sort of like a distracting thing)....If I feel n*, like really n* I just grab something and squeeze it as hard as I can, which actually isn't really on purpose that I squeeze it so hard....I can't think specifically right now what else though. I am pretty shy, so I get really nervous when I have to talk with someone and I start biting my lip.....

I don't know if it's bad..but I start moving around in my seat a whole lot...Esp if the person making me nervous is close

i'vw been addicted to mint spray,altoids, most mint products...mainly the result of trying to get any bad taste out of my mouth.

I always end up picking thing. Like my nails, or Ill start scratching my neck or rubbing it, sometimes I pic at my lip gross Iknow) Then I have this weird habit when Im really nervous I put super glue on my finger and then peel it off when it dries. I know..im a weirdo!
    *Mandi*

I pick on my nails and cuticles. It drives my boyfriend crazy.