Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

...not really have a sv* going around where they live?

I feel very fortunate to be able to say that, unlike every other year I can remember, there isn't much sv* going around herethis season! In fact I only know of 3 people that have had the sv* in the past few months, and for 2 of those it was only d*. *knock on wood!*

Just wondering, has it been this way for anyone else?
    *~Ashley~*

If you need someone to talk to, private message me! =)

Where are you??

I live in Arizona, and haven't heard of a single case. I even googled it in my area, and still nothing. **keeps fingers crossed**

When I go outside, it is sooooo sunny and the temps are in the low 70's. It just seems that nothing bad could around here right now.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm in NYC and haven't heard of anything. And if any of you on this board have heard that something's going around here, please don't tell me

I live in Virginia. Kind of glad to know I'm not alone...gives me hope that maybe things will stay this way all winter! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~Ashley~*

If you need someone to talk to, private message me! =)

I haven't heard about anything going around here. Usually when there is, it is on the news. However, I know its out there and I just don't know about it. I live in Oregon, by the way.

Nothing in Toronto! There is an outbreak in Quebec (the next province over), though.

I'm in Tennessee and I haven't heard of any cases either.

Hey Everyone-

I live in California and have heard alot of it, sorry. The upside is that 80% of the people that have gotten sick only had *d* no *v*. Im sure it is the norovirus but I guess it gives more *d* then other stuff. I didnt know about it till later but 9 out 20 people at my parents xmas party got sick. Nobody *v* but they all had *d*.
    I saw that headline on usa today but I am trying not to worry. I watched the news in Los Angeles last night from start to finish and i saw nothing about it. Last week there was one thing about a nursing home up north were about 15 elderly people got ill. That was it.
    We will all get through this. Its funny last year March I went to Mexico and got horrible food poisining where I was sick like 20 times. I thought that was a cure but boy was i wrong. Nothing has changed for me!!!!Hang in there my friends. We will be ok

Anyone else from California with any news.

Yeah nothing in Toronto (which is awesome!!) but it still makes me feel weird knowing that one province over there's an outbreak. Hopefully it'll stay there though and not come here!!

I wonder it hasn't been going around here because we've had such mild weather this winter.

The only cases I have heard about have been from this site (and the links posted here!)! I can see why some people get more anxious coming here. In fact, I have considered not coming anymore because of that, but it's too hard to give up!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I live in Ohio and the only SV I heard about was when I was in bible class, and it was working it's way through a nursing home (The woman who worked there didn't get it) and the only one that I KNOW about was my mom who had it on Christmas. Other then that, everything's fine, and you know if my sister (With her weak immune system) didn't get it from my mother, then it's not that bad.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Thanks everyone for your responses as to how the sv is doing in your area. Anyone else from Cali, if so what part???? Lets all stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in SoCal and I rmeember a lot of it around Thanksgiving and the week that followed. So far I haven't heard much else *knock wood* except for a few isolated cases. But I am nervous. I did here about the outbreaks in the nursing homes and San Quentin prison but they seemed to contain them fast.

I'm in Ohio and it went around my school before Christmas break. I just try to ignore it.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I haven' heard of anything going around in my area. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I live in Nor Cal, a 10 miles away from San Quentin. I have read the news, but have not experienced anything personally. All my friends and co workers have been fine, even their kids and schools. And my grandmother is in a nursing home in the area, she is fine as well. So it just goes to show, I am in the worst area according to the news, and all is well.

--Kim

I live in Oregon and the norovirus and the rotovirus is said to be going around my area. I know of a couple of people that have come down with it. A friend of mine in Nevada said her family just got over it and that it was going around in her town. Doesn't sound like any fun.

I'm going to lock this one now, and if you want to post stuff like this in future, please go to the "norovirus news and scary stuff" topic in either General Discussion or Private Forum.

Thanks.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.