Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm talking both as a child and older. I've never v*ed in public view but I have v*ed in school a couple of times in the toilets without anyone knowing. (Until I told them)

I dry heaved in the street, outside of my house when I was 9, but never actually v* in public.

- On the merry go round at WOnderland when I was three

- Once in front of my entire school at church in 2nd grade

- In front of my class during closing announcements in 3rd grade

- Behind the ferris wheel at the midway in 8th grade (note to self- slow, circular rides....NOT GOOD! lol- stick to roller coasters)

- a few times while pulled over at the side of the road due to motionsickness

There are more- what can I say, I was a puker as a kid, and still am as an adult (although I haven't been sick since spring- which is like a record for me). Most of the public incidents were due to motionsickness- although a few when I was younger were probably stomach virus related (although I would usually only vomit 1-3 times.....it was never 'neverending' as some news reports would like you to believe).

Thank god I only fear others being sick, eh?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nope, never.

Never.

Last time I v* I was in a car park being dropped off after a coach trip. It was night time and I think most people had left by the time 'it' happened. So, a public place, but not in public view. This is my BIGGEST fear though.

I came down with a wicked case offood poisoningand v*edas I was hurrying outof a professional hockey game. Thankfully I was able to hold offuntil I was outside, but it was still awful. I v*ed once on the stairs outside of the arena, and twice on the way to the car. Thankfully my best friend was with me and helped me through it as well as drove me home. She's amazingly supportive when it comes to that kind of stuff!

In 4th grade I v*ed in the hall outside the girl's bathroom. And my teacher tried to catch it in her hands EWWWWWW[img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]

Nope.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I haven't, but my son has---poor thing!! Once during preschool and once when we were shopping at Target. I have to give alot of credit to those Target employees. They were absolutely amazing about it!!!

*KNOCKS WOOD* no... but I have v*d in the car before, into a water canteen. lmfao

nope haven't done so, hope I never do!

I did it on the playground at school in the 3rd grade! EWW
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I did in 3rd grade all over my desk!!

Never, and thank heavens because this is my absolute greatest fear. Please [touch wood one million times] don't let that ever happen. Edited by: tcsarah
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I ALMOST did in highschool, I meanI was so close to doing it. I was with my math tutor and this wave of nausea hit me and I told her that I needed fresh air and I just left the room. I SO thought I was going to vomit but I curled up on a chair in the entrance area.I was shaking and everything, finally my dad came and got me and I got to go home.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I v*ed in church one time all over this lady's purse

In class when I was in grade 7

On the sidewalk when I was really young

I dry heaved in the hospital waiting room a few years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nope, never have.

I v*ed in front of people in the hospital about 5 years ago....I was shot in the eye with a BB Gun and it threw my equalibrium (sp?) off so I was v*ing non-stop to the point they had to put an IV in me with anti nausea meds straight to my vein because they were worried the heaving would cause further injury to my eye. Not fun!!

I totally just had to come back and edit my previous reply cause I had put dots after the end and for some reason I thought that may jinx me - I'm am SO superstitious when it comes to this. [img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

My oldest son v*ed in JCPenney when he was about 2. There was a lady who worked there that came to my rescue. She cleaned it all up and I took him into the bathroom. I later wrote JCPenney a letter about how wonderful this woman was and to this day, she still works there and my son is now 11.

I was sick on a bus when I was quite young. It was right before the stop I had to get off at, too! My dad was sitting somewhere else and didn't even notice! My sister who was sitting next to me remembers, though.

Funnily enough, it's not that bad a memory ... it was very quick, seemed like only a second! Still remember shocked looks on all the other passengers faces, haha!

Scared of it happening again, though.
    I'm Sarah. We are all stronger than we believe we are.

Yeah, i v* when i was 7 in the principal's office when I was waiting for my mother to pick me up.The principal, secretary and superintendent of schools was there and went " whoa!!" and looked grossed out.It washorrible and when this phobia was born.
    -Bridgette

OMG Kim, why were you shot w/ a gun?! Who in the world did that to you?!

by the way, I've gone into a hospital ER w/ a v* bucket. Luckily I didn't need to use it, THANK GOD. It was when I was ill w/ pneumonia, 106 fever. Edited by: xxsophiaxx

Being shot in the eye with a BB gun sounds incredibly and outrageously painful. Even thinking about it is giving me chills. Holy crap!

I've only v* in public one time, and that was from dehydration after a 7 hour hiking trip. Was on the way home and had to pull over. I remember a pack of people on motorcycles passing by, staring. I was about 13.

<center>
    </center>

In daycamp, I threw up three times while waiting for my mom to pick me up. First time was on the floor in front of everyone. Other two times were in the bathroom, but some kids saw it. Yuck. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] I think I was 5 or 6.

I v* when I was on a school field trip. I had been really sick and when my mom took my temp in the morning before the trip, I shook down the thermometer so it looked like I didn't have a fever. We went to Major Magics which is a arcade and pizza place, and when we were getting a tour of the kitchen, I v* all over the floor....the worst place huh??

Never in public. Outside my house but no one was around...if they were they disappeared quickly.

Eventhough this is my biggest fear, it's never really happened to me **knock wood**.

The only time it was sort of semi-public. It was in my dad's van in the parking lot of the doctor's office. Obviously since we were there we already knew I was sick. I was only sick once a little bit that morning and I'd even eaten since then, but I made him bring the bucket along anyway. I was too embarassed to bring it into the office, but I started feeling really sick inside. I kept bringing it up so he told me we could go out to the car for a bit if I wanted, I said yes and went straight outside while he told the receptionist we were stepping out for a bit. I don't know how long it took him but I remember it felt like forever while I stood near the door being afraid I'd get sick in the bushes.

Anyway, I bet he was glad I had him bring along the bucket after I did actually get sick, so that I didn't do it all over the floor of his car!

Edited by: chicajojobe

Umm.

When I was a little boy I had a stomach virus and had to go to town with my Dad to get medicine, so there was some of that, in the pharmacy and stuff. I can barely remember it at all.

On the bus on the way to a school trip when I was at primary school - I only felt slightly sick, it wasn't bad at all, but randomly without any kind of warning at all it just happened and then I had to borrow spare clothes. I was totally fine afterwards. Wierd.

At a friend's house party when I was really stupidly drunk, after I had passed out I woke up v*ing, not really knowing I was until a little while into it. Then a couple of people sort of 'carried' me inside (I was too drunk to walk) and I went into the bathroom and did some more, then up the stairs, on the stairs, in the upstairs bathroom. Didn't bother me in the slightest at the time.

The thing to remember is that most people if they see us vomiting won't
    even give it a second thought. We emets remember everything about what
    happens when we see someone getting sick. For example my mum and I once
    saw this boy throw up outside, now I can remember every detail, what he
    wore etc but I doubt my mum would even remember that it happened at all!

It's
    human nature to have a nosy at what's going on and some people might be
    like...ew vomit but no one will be judging you or having the same
    responses that we do.
    That's my biggest problem - a subconcious part of me just assumes that everybody else has the same fear, so I can't let anybody see me do it, even though it doesn't actually bother me that much, the thought of me getting s*.

Edited by: sj1985