Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

*GRAPHIC*

Well... of course, since it's been a while since I last saw v* of any sort, late 2003 (not mine, it was on the ground) I'd kind of forgotten what it looked like. But... today at school... there it was. I saw it while i was walking from 5th period to 1st (schedule was weird today because it was 2-hour dely). Anyway, to walk from 1st to 5th period I had to go outside because they're in different buildings. Well, about halfway there, I saw a HUUUUUUUUGGGEEE pile of orange v*, right there. it was chunky, it looked kind of like french fries/jojos all mashed up[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img].

Ifelt my heart jump a little when I firstsaw it, and i examined it, made sure not to bend toofar, tocheck if itreally wasv*, surely enough it was, since I actually couldn't quite make out the food particles this time. ugh. I didn't scream or anything, but a lot of the kids (both boys and girls) were going crazy. A lot of people almost stepped in to too. I'm soooglad I didn't.I think I almostdid though! As I waswalking Ichecked my reflection in the window and it was snowing outside so I was trying to enjoy it. But NOOO v* comes along the way. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. At least I try to watch where I'm walking...

I'm dealing with it pretty well. it's 6:12 PM here, I'm in bed by 9 PM. I'm scared it'll haunt me later on and I won't be able to sleep... Also, I know this is totally irrational, but there was quite a gust of wind. It's not like the v* particles could've gotten picked up by the wind and landed.... errm... on me, right? [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]Oh god, I hope I'll be OK... *KNOCKS WOOD*

This was just kind of a shock factor to me, since it'd been sooo long and I always thought seeing v* on the ground was just something that happened to other people on here... I can't believe I'm getting all this v* exposure. Last month it was being surrounded by people w/ sv*, now i actually got to see v*. Wow.

EEEWWW, sounds like you handled it really well...be proud of yourself.
    No, I really don't think it could be picked up by the wind, you will be
    fine.

that's what my mom said, she siad it's impossible for it to be picked up from the wind unless i actually saw it land on me. By the way the wind didn't really move it anyway...

That reminds me--i always wondered if the wind would circulate the germs into the air also! I am so bad, that one time I saw "it" in a parking lot, and HAD to examine it (why do we do this??), so I pulled up next to it, stuck my head out the window like a dork, then worried that the heat generating from the bottom of my car would somehow "activate" the germs and blow them in my face! Ugh--we are so not normal!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Charlene, that's pretty much what I did. Well, kind of... I was walking, and I was the only one who really stopped to examine it. gahh now I'm wishing I hadn't examined it... because then the wind might not have "picked it up". lol. *knocks wood* I HOPE I'm fine!

Whenever I worried about the wind thing, everyone told me that it was probably impossible to catch anything from it I think by that time,the "aerosol" has been exposed to the air for a while and pretty much not "airborne" anymore.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

ya, probably. thanks sooo much for reasuring me. The thing that scares me though is that the sv* is hitting sooo hard this year. My friend Elena, who's also emetophobic, v*d for the first time in 6 years. and she's sooo careful. she had sv*. luckily, she only v*d once w/ it

You'll be fine, don't worry. I don't know why emets feel the need to examine v* I do the same thing, trying to look like I am not examining it of course, God, that is wierd..lol. Maybe it just fascinates us, because we have a phobia about it? I don't know, just a suggestion. Well done you for not having a complete freak out and running screaming like a banshee!

Yeah, like we always have to home in on every wet or dark patch on the floor we may catch a glimpse of out the corner of our eyes -my friends and fiance say, why do you look for it when you don't like it? I really can't answer that!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Accck!! Walking past a huge pile of v* would freak me right out too!!

Don't worry though I gaurantee you won't catch anything from it!!

I don't know why we feel the need to inspect v* ...it's so weird. I do it all the time too....like even if I see a car pulled over on the side of the road I always try and look to see if someone's v*ing or something. So weird.

OH! That sounds horrible![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]You handled it well.I couldn't eat for 2 days after I saw that. I saw something like that in middle school. How a 12 year old kid could have v* that much, I don't know. It must have been 4 feet wide and it stunk so bad, I swear all of us were gagging, even the teachers were running and gagging. This happened towardsthe end of the school day andI heard a kid was rushing down the stairs for the school bus and fell in it.

KNOCK ON WOOD, I have not seen v* on the ground in nearly 2 years! Hell, I don't even look at mine-it's always in a bag or flushed down toilet before I open eyes! I hate it!!! I do always look at stains on the ground and wonder..I hate the dried up stains. I don't know if it is food dried up or v*.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]This damn phobia!!
    -Bridgette

OMFG I would NEVER be able to look at my own v*. Luckily, most of the times that I've v*d in my life, I had my mom with my so she would help me "aim" so I wouldn't errm "miss". *KNOCKS WOOD* I hope I'm never in any situation like that again

Luckily this v* didn't stink because it was outside and a very cold day. OMG however, last March a kid v* in my science class, I didn't see it or hear it, (I didn't look and I plugged my ears HARD!) but from what I heard it covered the WHOLE back lab station (which are big) and I smelled it! It smelled like rotten eggs/bad farts but more sour.

You know, I really don't get why we feel the need to inspect every little thing we see. But this didn't need much inspection is was obviously someone's partially digested stomach contents, ick. The thing is, it looked FRESH too. It wasn't there an hour earlier...