Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay so i've always washed my hands before eating but i wanted to know something. Since my daughter had the sv yesterday i'm washing my hands like crazy. Does anyone else wash their hands like before you take crackers out of the box and then again before you eat them in case there were germs on the box? Is this what i should do? Or does the antibacterial soap kill the germs if there are any that get on my hands from the box? lol was that confusing?

I wash my hands a lot. Before I prepare or get something out of a box
    to eat I wash, but I do not wash again before I actually eat it. Unless
    I touch a door, or something, before I eat it. I don't worry about the
    packaging. My daughter had the SV not too long ago, and I washed my
    hands like crazy, but not when I was just touching something she didn't
    go near, like the food in the cupboard or fridge. Of course, after I
    knew my hands were already clean. Hope that made sense![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I hope you had a v* free day and she is feeling much better now.

Definately v* free! Yay! I was just thinking maybe i had some of her germs on my hands when i touched the box before. How long do germs live on something like a box?

I honestly don't know for sure, but I don't think very long, if at all
    on a box. And, maybe if she touched the box, there MAY be germs to
    worry about. But, it sounds like you have been washing your hands so
    much, there should be nothing to worry about.

I was my hands after I touch the packaging of anyfood. I have just started doing this this year. I'm sure it's silly to do this, but it eases my mind, but my hands are raw!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't do any of this, I just wash my hands before eating or preparing food. I've been v* free for 25 years! I take extra care obviously when one of the kids is ill but for the normal day, I don't go over the top.

I'm writing this because I hate to see people taking things to the extreme. I have been there, so I know how obsessed one can get, but I doubt there's a real need to go as far as this. Sometimes we need to take "risks" to prove to ourselves that a sv isn't lurking on every door handle and cereal packet just waiting to get us!

They need to come out with some kinda of black light contraption that you can point at a surface and if there's any of the virus on it then it'll glow lol

lol that is such a good idea kimm992. It is not something i normally do. Like i said...my daughter had the sv and i did have to care for her. So i do think in this case it could be lurking. I havent been too uptight about it today since it's been 48 hours and i think the germs are dead...except the ones in her poo i guess lol...lots of hand washing for her!