Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Having D*...

Well tonight for lunch we went to our usual pizza place, I got this pizza bread. All it is is bread with garlic and spices. I always get it. Well about 2 hours after eating it, my guts started feeling really weird. Like I felt the "drop" and I immediatly had to run to the bathroom. It wasn't really bad, but my guts are just killing me. I am home for lunch right now, and I had to go again. I am just sitting here sipping on water when my stomach started making all these gurgling noises and my stomach now feels hot, if that makes sense. My stomach just hurts really bad and I keep feeling like I gotta have d* again. I have to go back to work soon, and I am nervous. I have 5 more hours to go. I am scared I have fp, and I might v*, but do you think I might have already v* by now if the d* already started??

I know how you feel--I had d* one time today after eating 2-1/2 sausages. I felt fine, just got the "gurglies". Mine was from the greasiness probably, and it sounds like you may be having a similar issue. Maybe the garlic was stronger this time. Was it greasy? I'm not sure you can get fp from the bread, it was probably just too spicy. You probably would have v* by now if you were going to. Remember too, that our emet causes us to escalate the d* issue, then we start to have physical symptoms. I did this today, and panicked. I think you'll be ok. Do you have any antacids?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thanks Charlene...its 8am now, I just got home from work, and my stomach was a little nausous at work, but around 6am I got real hungry, but it went away now. And I have had no more d*. Yea the breadsticks were really greasy, but no more greasy than usual. Who knows....as long as I am feeling a little better. How are you feeling?

Hi Michele,

I am feeling much better, thanks!! This morning, after hubby left for work, (5:30 am), my tummy was making noises. I took another dramamine. i think it was because I started thinking about it, and maybe also from the spicy tacos and rice I had last night. I got up and ate a bagel/cream cheese and had 3 cups/coffee. I feel good now

When you ate the breadsticks last night, maybe they just had a little more oil on them, or if you had an empty stomach when you ate them, they probably "went through" you a little faster. how are you now?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Glad you are both feeling better!!

hey, I hope you're feeling better!

I ate at a great restaurant yesterday and had a spicy sauce with some onion rings for starter. As I was eating them I was thinking I shouldn't be eating this sauce, its gonna be trouble, but it was sooo good. Anyway aout 11 pm I started cramping an had gas. I went to the bathroom and had d* the I was fine...I KNEW I shouldn't have eaten that sauce....lol.

Your fine, your stomach just decided that it didn't want something just like mine.Edited by: sqil30

d* for me has become a routine thing for me as of late. i KNOW it's from
    stress due to planning my wedding.

i only get in once in a while but when i do, its when something has gone
    wrong planning wise. haha.

3 more months and ill be hitched!!

wooohooo!!!!!! i hope im not an emet basketcase on my wedding day. i
    thought about taking a xanax that day but hmm..they'd have to wheel me
    down the aisle probably. heheh.