Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone!Well, I went with my boyfriend to the hospital today. He has a hernia bothering him a bit and needed to meet with a surgeon for a consultation. I hate going to the hospitals but it seems like he and I have been going so much the past couple of months that I am sort of tolerating it a bit more. But today-I didn't know that I would be waiting in the Gastroenterology/General Surgerywaiting area![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]The fact that general was shared with gastro made me feel scared. That is like an emets nightmare spot! Anyway, I was having a major panic attack,-it started from the elevator being very crowded and making weird noises. I thought I was gonna die. I am claustrophobic. Then we arrived in the waiting area and I saw the gastroenterology sign-so I started getting the dry mouth, got sudden stomach cramps,thought I was gonna have d*, and felt choking feeling. I tried to fight it and didn't even take ginger pill or my ativan/lorazepam.I was looking at all the faces of the people waiting in there. Wondering what their problem was and hoping no one would d* themselves or v* if they have stomach problems. They finally called my boyfriend in and I was by myself in the room for about an hour. For a few minutes, I smelled a bad d*odor and then smelled Lysol spray. I think someone s* themselves in an exam room.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]I started to try and relax after thatand pretty soon was falling asleep! He came out and everything was okay. No need for surgery right now but in the future, yes. He is still worried but what can you do...Anyway, I know people share their triumph stories so I thought I would share mine. [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]
    -Bridgette

That must have been hard to sit through. But you did great...good for you!

That's wonderful you were able to handle it so well!! And you didn't have to take any meds or anything---way to go!!!

Great job!!!