Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been emet for as long as I can remember but the one thing I've
    noticed is that if I KNOW that someone has v*ed because of drinking,
    etc. and it's not something that's contagious so I can't catch it then
    it doesn't freak me out as much.

*GRAPHIC WARNING*

For example, I was out with my bestfriend a couple weekends ago and I
    was the designated driver (as always because I'm too afraid to get
    drunk in case I feel sick from it and v*) and my friend got REALLY
    drunk and I was driving her home and she was hunched over cause she
    felt sick and I was FREAKING inside because I thought she might v* in
    the car (not worried about the act of v* but worried that I may have to
    clean it up from my car...drive around in my car knowing there had been
    v* in it, etc.) but then as soon as she got out of my car I was
    FINE. She then went over to the grass and started v*ing and I
    didn't care at all....in fact....I even stood beside her and held her
    hair back for her and it didn't bother me AT ALL (I mean besides the
    fact that v* is kinda gross in general I was TOTALLY fine).

If she hadn't been drinking though and I didn't know why she was v*ing
    I would have had a complete panic attack and flipped right out.

So I guess I'm wondering....does anyone else feel okay around someone v*ing as long as they KNOW they can't catch it?

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

~ Kimmy ~

only if I'm 100% sure it's not contagious. or if it's a really close relative like say my sister, I'd totally flip out. Cuz she doesn't v* often, I'd be soooo scared to see her v*. I did a couple years ago on the airplaine (she gets motion sickness) it was horrible. I thought i was gonna die

Oooh, how badly I wished I could say that. V* freaks me out, even if it is someone I don't know who v* from drinking in the next state over. I don't have a problem saying it, reading about it and I am getting better about watching it in movies. But actually happening in real life...nope, can't deal.
    Be Here Now

im totally fine with it as long as i cant catch it... othersv*ing only scares me when the person is contagious

Ya I would've reacted exactly the way you did. As long as its not contageous and I don't have to see it, smell it, or clean it up I'm ok.

Quote Originally Posted by nicki77
    Oooh, how badly I wished I could say that. V* freaks me out, even if it is someone I don't know who v* from drinking in the next state over. I don't have a problem saying it, reading about it and I am getting better about watching it in movies. But actually happening in real life...nope, can't deal.

Exactly. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I dont know if I could do that , maybe if it were someone close to me like my family of fiance and i knew they needed the help but if i was in a bar and saw someone being sick that i didnt know i think i would still freak out but good for you though.

For me it doesn't matter whether it's contagious or not, I'm still effected just the same. So a drunk v*ing would still greatly gross me out and make me anxious. The only thing that doesn't disturb meas much is somebody v*ing from morning sickness, don't ask me why but I just don't get as grossed out by that type of sickness. Maybe cos it seems a more natural type of sickness?
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I am not afraid of it if I can't catch it. Seeing it on tv or when someone has been drinking doesn't bother me. Yes it is still gross but as long as I don't do it it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang

Quote Originally Posted by nicki77
    Oooh, how badly I wished I could
    say that. V* freaks me out, even if it is someone I don't know who v*
    from drinking in the next state over. I don't have a problem saying it,
    reading about it and I am getting better about watching it in movies.
    But actually happening in real life...nope, can't deal.

Exactly. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yeah my point exactly. I mean I know I can't get it, but still totally ick, right?

Edited by: rubysoho120
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow! Good for you!

I'm getting a lot better with seeingit on tv oron theground and I'm perfectly ok with my dog doing it. Otherwise, I can't deal, sv* or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tcsarah

For me it doesn't matter whether it's contagious or not, I'm still effected just the same. So a drunk v*ing would still greatly gross me out and make me anxious. The only thing that doesn't disturb meas much is somebody v*ing from morning sickness, don't ask me why but I just don't get as grossed out by that type of sickness. Maybe cos it seems a more natural type of sickness?

Oh my god, i feel the same way! My ex-coworker/friend is pregnant and when she told me shewas really n*, I did not freak out and tried to calm herand give her ginger. One day we were both feeling sooon* ( mine from period and her from pregnant) and we were going back in forth into bathroom(differenttimes)to pace and be near the toilet. We started to laugh about it saying we are always n* at the same time. We took ginger pills and it helped us and we were able to function the rest of the day.She said she only heaved once so far but nothing. Years ago,I even saw a woman ( looking very pregnant) v* outside a bus window ( when I used to take the bus) and she did it so quiet,quick and fast and just looked back at the rest of the bus all embarrassed. I was sitting way in the back and she was near the front. The bus was not even crowdedmaybe just 4 other people that afternoon-I just felt bad for whoever was in the car next to the bus!
    -Bridgette

It's kinda the opposite for me. I mean obviously I don't want to catch a stomach virus, it's a very negative experience, emetophobic or not, but with me it's all about everybody else. I can't watch/listen to it happen to somebody else, particularly somebody I care for - it feels in my mind like they're really suffering (even though it's not really that bad) - if I see somebody v*, it's kinda the equivalent of everybody else seeing somebody covered in blood or something.

When I was in College I had a very disgusting experience.

My "Posse" and me were out...We all ended up at my house...My friend was so drunk that he passed out in my chair, in my living room...He was totally asleep and all of the rest of us were awake and hanging out in the living room...All of a sudden, I look at my friend...His eyes were shut but he started violently v* all over himself, all over my couch, all over my floor and he had to be picked up and taken outside...

Trauma...

However, I can't tell ya'll how many times I have been around drinking v*...One of my girlfriends would always end up v* at my house.

Oh and my College roommate was bulimic...I would be in the shower and she would come in and v*(We only had one bathroom)...I got so used to it, I barely noticed.

When I can't catch it, I don't care if it's around me...But I can't see it or I will most likely v* also.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_saves
    Quote Originally Posted by tcsarah

Oh my god, i feel the same way! My ex-coworker/friend is pregnant and when she told me shewas really n*, I did not freak out and tried to calm herand give her ginger. One day we were both feeling sooon* ( mine from period and her from pregnant) and we were going back in forth into bathroom(differenttimes)to pace and be near the toilet. We started to laugh about it saying we are always n* at the same time. We took ginger pills and it helped us and we were able to function the rest of the day.She said she only heaved once so far but nothing. Years ago,I even saw a woman ( looking very pregnant) v* outside a bus window ( when I used to take the bus) and she did it so quiet,quick and fast and just looked back at the rest of the bus all embarrassed. I was sitting way in the back and she was near the front. The bus was not even crowdedmaybe just 4 other people that afternoon-I just felt bad for whoever was in the car next to the bus!

Lol, that's good that you could laugh aout it! It's strange how we are not so fazed by pregnancy sickness, huh?!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I still get freaked, but I don't worry for a week that I am gonna catch it- so that makes it a lot less intense for me. It's not invading my mind 24/7 like it would if someone near me vomited and was contagious.
    \"This too shall pass\"