Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been doing time line therapy for almost 2 months now and haven't seen any results. They say that time line therapy can cure emetophobia...has anyone tried this therapy and had success?

I've never heard of it, but I'd sure give it a try. Can you explain more about it?
    Be Here Now

I'm sure "they" say that Time Line Therapy can cure anything. And well they should, I guess. No point in having a technique or using it if you don't believe in it.

Time Line Therapy is an offshoot of NLP or "neuro linguistic programming" which has been controversial, to say the least...although not whacko or anything.

No matter what kind of therapy you engage in, successfully treating a severephobia like emetophobia will take more like years than weeks.Anyone who promises a "quick fix" is probably selling you something that's never been tested and proven to work with emetophobia.

The reason I post stuff like this is never to discourage people (and I'm sorry if it has that effect) but rather because it makes me so mad that some therapists promise "cure" in a short time, then when that doesn't happen - rather than admit their incompetence or the incompetence of their technique...they blame the client for not "trying hard enough" or being "uncompliant" or "resistant to change".

Anyway, i guess my point is that TLT might be a fine way to work on your phobia issues - it's just that it may take way more time than your therapist expects (ironic, eh?)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, you did not discourage me...I've been in a huge depression the past week because the therapy isn't working. I know there isa quick fix for this problem is probably impossible, I just want to make sure that I am doing everything I can to get better. I know I cannot give up, even though sometimes I really want to. So thank you for your comment. It actually made me feel a little better.