Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today my daughter had 1/2 day of school for teacher work day. I have to pick her up early on these days because my other daughter has to be in preschool at the same time as dismissal. I went today to sign her out and noticed that one of the kids in her class had gone home sick--Red Flag, you know! SO I asked her and she said, "he barfed at home twice last night". Even though Logan's school policy is clearly stated everywhere (kids have to be v* free for 24 hours before returning to school)and the parents know it (even me & she went to a different school last year). But, Logan's teacher found out and sent him home!! I'm so proud of her--I was about to have a chat with her because the kids in Logan's class do not wash their hands before lunch or snack, and she locked the hand sanitizer I sent at the beginning of the year up in a closet!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

OMG that's ridiculous. That's been the rule of thumb at every school I've gone to...v*-free for at least 24 hours before you can go back. And locking up the hand sanitizer and not having the kids wash their hands...that's just plain stupidity. I think maybe you should have a talk with the principal about the teacher doing that though, because that's just setting all those kids up for catching illnesses and it's not sanitary anyway. It's flu season for god's sake!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That makes me so angry when parents take their children to school sick. Last month, my daughter told me that a boy in her class v* the night before in the car on his way to an NBA game. He v* twice at the game and again after he went to bed. His parents took him to school the very next day. He also told my daughter he had d* the day he was at school. I was livid and emailed the teacher about what were those parents thinking. She said there was nothing she could do about it. However, in her class, the kids must use hand sanitizer before snack and lunch. Her teacher told me my daughter uses it about every 20 minutes. Mmmm, wonder where she gets that from?

Wow, that's amazing. I wish my kids' teachers were so thoughtful. A few years ago, my daughter got sick at school. It was the first day. I remember the phone call well. Her teacher said she'd been at recess, and had been on the tire swing, and that it was probably from that. She asked me to bring my daughter a change of clothes. I went to the school and picked her up, just in case. Though it did turn out to be the tire swing, it still bothered me that her teacher would have just kept her there around all of the other kids.

When we ask each other why sv travels so quickly, remember this thread.

Its one thing if a child is fine in the morning and gets sick later in the day. That happens and it is not the fault of anyone. However, when a child v** throughout the night, it is insane for any parent to send the child to school.

When my daughter was in pre-school I saw a mother bring her son, who was visibly sick, to school one Monday morning. I asked her what was wrong with him and she said he had v** a few times in the middle of the night. So, being the obnoxious person I am, I told her that if she dared to bring that child into the school I was telling the teacher, the administration and anyone else within an ear shot of me. The mom was a stay at home mother. The preschool program was M-W for three hours. There was no reason whatsoever for that sick child to be there. After she listened to my wrath, she left in a huff with her child. As it turned out he had meningitis!!!! Fortunately, it was a Monday so no one had been near that child in five days. This woman, who was formally educated with a gazillion degrees, thought it was okay to bring a severly child to school.

The nurse at my daughter's school told me that she has an arsenal of stories that would make my hair stand on end. All of them are about the stupid, selfish things that parents do.

Any reason why sv is on the rise and continues to gain speed?

Geez.

Stella

I think sv* are on the rise because people have gotten lazy about hand washing. Anti-bacterial gels do nothing to stop viruses as they are viruses and not bacteria. I myself wash my hands every chance I get but I still use gels when I have no access to soap and water. People go out when they are sick and send ill kids to school so they can pass it on to everyone else. Sorry to be snippy as this is a sore subject as I can't stand stupid parents. Who in their right mind would send a v*ing child to school? The poor kid has got to feel like S**t..[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I can't believe that teacher doesn't implement the hand gel that was provided before lunch and snacks. Even if sv* was not a concern, there are other illnesses she could be preventing!

I totally agree!! Colds and stuff and us moms know for a fact that our lovely children don't always wash theyr hands after they p**p.. EEWW GRROOSS[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

ewww that's horrible. There have been quite a few times where I went to school and I hadn't been 24 - hours v* free, maybe 12, but those instances were only from stress and crap. Like, I'd v* once the night before. It only happened a few times though. I'd NEVER go to school after v*ing in the morning, ewww.... even if it was only from stress, I'd still be too freaked out.

i have friends in a few of my classes who will v* before a test probably bc of nerves and say they feel "nice and clean and refreshed" and take the test without a second thought... ugh i soo wouldn't be able to do that!!

My mom is one of those parents...I can't tell you how many times I stood over the sink in the morning, crying about how I was about tov* and she still sent me to school. Unless I was severely v* repeatedly, I had to go to school. From5th grade all the way to 12th, I never missed a day of school, even when I was sick. I had missed a few days in 4th grade because I had chicken pox, but I still went to school with it fora day or two. Luckily, I was very careful and I washed my hands often when I had to be at school and I was so sick.

my high school i think has a rule that if you v* AT school you have to go home. but, i don't think they have a rule if you were v* beforehand.

one day, one of my running teammates was in class, and he raised his hand and asked to go to the bathroom. the teacher said yes, and the kid stood up and immediately barfed. he went a few steps forward and barfed all over the teachers desk, then barfed in the doorway.

but that wasn't the worst of it...next period he came into my english class positively green, saying he felt fine! immediatley all the seats near him were empty. somebody got the trash can and put it next to his desk incase he v*. i was horrifeid. i didn't want to be stuck in the room with him, although he said he was fine.

fortunately for the rest of us he was sent home. i tried to avoid my other teammates the rest of the day since they had been near him. but i had to train with them that afternoon. i was so worried i would catch it. the next day the v*er was back at our workout and felt like v* again! but he didn't

scary stuff...schools are just full of v*! it seems someone v* or doesn't feel good like constantly!

I HATE PARENTS THAT DO THAT!!! My kids school is pretty good at them washing hands before snack and lunch...i think it should be mandatory that the kids wash their hands. The school is the first place that can prevent a wide spread illness!!

eww I hate when ppl v* at school then say they feel fine afterwards, especially when they proceed to do it AGAIN.

Mind you, this is the same teacher who left the trash can a girl had v'ed in in the class for the rest of the day. I'm really starting to have issues with this teacher. The only thing in this regard that she has done right is to send the boy home--probably only because it was school policy and she had to follow it. She has been out sick many times this year, so what does that tell you? THen last quarter, Logan had a UTI and then she and my son both had a fever that lingered for awhile--and you can't send a kid to school with a fever, and she had the nerve to write on Logan's report card that she would like to see Logan's attendance improve!! She was out sick this past Thursday and came back after Thanksgiving break tot ell the class she'd had an sv. I WONDER WHY SHE IS SICK ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave her Bath and Body Works antibac soap and hand sanitizer for CHristmas--hope she takes the hint!!!

That's funny (about the gift). Hopefully she can take a hint! Like I've said before, aside from sv*, why would you want to be ill with colds all the time?? She's obviously not very hygienic. I just got off the phone with my neighbor and she told me that our other neighbor (who is a resident at a medical group) said that every other patient she has seen (kids) have had sv* and is lasting 7 days. ARGH! I'm assuming the part that is lasting so long is d*.

ewww this teacher sounds HORRIBLE. what's she look like? just wondering...

She looks like a toad. She's overweight and sloppy looking. I really do not care for her one bit. I've heard stories of her yelling at her classes (Logan says she hasn't done it this year) and telling them to shut up, and cursing at them. I can't wait until she is out of her class. She's just very strange. She lives in Omaha, NE, goes home on weekends and drives back to Kansas City on SUnday evenings, just so she can teach at this school. I mean, it IS a wonderful school, but I think that is ridiculous!!

Yeah, and when parents do this they pass those habits on to their kids.

I remember my senior year of high school was when my emet flared up.

One day a girl I know was terribly sick and it was probably with a sv because it had been going around. During second period I overheard her saying that she'd v*ed in the bathroom during her first period. Well this wasn't one of those instances where the person says they feel fine afterward. It was extremely obvious she wasn't fine, she looked awful! During second period she fell asleep right there at her seat, but she refused to go home until after third period because she had a test.

It made me so annoyed because I had the same class third period as her so I know that the teacher would have let her retake it with no hassle if she was sick.

"She looks like a toad." LOL!

Now that i think of it, whats really wierd is that our schools had no v* rules and in elementary we were never forced to wash our hands those bastards .