Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: appendicitis ?

Okay major panic right now going on here.for the past two days I have been feeling nau. and its not like panic nau. it comes in waves and it happened when i was trying to fall asleep last night i was so scared becaus eit was the real deal . I have never experienced nau. in waves before so it was a bit of a scare to me. Another thing is for the last week or so i have had pain in my lower back , i think this could be caused by being constipated (tmi) when you push so hard then your muscles kind of hurt you know? anyways today i was fine during the day then i went to visit my fiance and all of a sudden i got this pain in my back and the nau. came along too. it didnt last for longer than 10 minutes but it still freaked me out. whenever i have anything wrong or the smallest little pain i always think of the worst scenario and im terrified to go and get tested for anything medical related. anyways so now after this whole crazy week im sitting here freaking out because my lower right side hurts and im afraid its a sign of appendicitis , god help me , im so friggin scared i dont know if this is it but it isnt a good feeling i know that for sure. it may also be gas though, iv been really gassy so that might be the problem but seriuosly i dunno im just scared and cam here cuz i know you all would understand. has anyone had experience with app.??? any replies would be appreciated greatly thanks for reading this loooong post.

Hey! Ive had it and it was a bitch but ( in my experience) its kind of a head on thing. like it happened and it happened fast....it wasnt like i started to hurt for a couple of days, it was like BAM and then the er. and i dont think/remember getting really big waves of nausea , just a constant pain. so i dont know about that ..HOWEVER, you might be considering kidney stones. I heard you get pain in your back alot with that.

its funny though, cause im going thru the same thing right now. i got the pain in the back and the real gassy stuff and really big waves of nausea..

so who knows!

i really dont think its app. though. good luck adn i hope you feel better!
    Danielle =)

I would be thinking UTI or kidney infection if I was you. I had one about 5 months ago and it was the same thing.....brutal pain in the lower back and around the front with nausea and feeling terrible. I thought I had siatic flare-up at first but when the pain went around front, I knew it was not that. Went to the ER and turned out I had a severe bladder and kidney infection. Had to take kick your butt antibiotics for TEN days....but after just two days of the pills I was feeling so much better. I would suggest going to your dr. and getting a urine test....this is all they really have to do to determine if you have one....nothing too scary! Best of luck and hope you feel better very soon!

Thats what happens with me when I get a UTI. I have had many many UTI's, and I get a dull pain, then when it turns into a kidney infection you get really sick, high fevers, chills and other good stuff. Kidney stones are different. I passed a 13mm stone and the pain was so bad I wanted to seriously die!! I would maybe make an appt w/ the doctor to see if you have a UTI.

Is it persistant, throbbing pain in your lower back? If it is, it might be kidney stones. My mom gets them and she describes the pain as worse than childbirth - even bad enough to make her n* and v*. Drink lots of water, try to relax,and if it doesn't go awaysee a doctor. Not to scare you, but kidney stones can get stuck and cause infection which hurts like crazy.
    -Sarah Maria

So sorry hear that you're in pain. I don't have any advice to offer as far as the whole medical aspect goes, but I just wanted to tell you that I hope you're feeling much better ASAP!!!

Thanks so much guys , you always make me feel better. Im going to go to the walk in clinic on monday if im not better by then - but im going to keep my fingers crossed. I also thought that maybe the pain in my back could be associated with me carrying my text books in my large purse on one shoulder ?? i dont know though , but if the pain persists then im going to go to the doctors and ill let you all know what he says .thanks guys ! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

you know, it might actually be that also. is it the side that you carry everything? i know i get pain in the lower left side of my back every so often because my posture is strange from years of dance and gymnastics. i hold myself almost too straight, so when i lean my elbows on the desk, i sort of bend sideways and twist so it strains that area a bit. sometimes its hard to tell muscle pain from internal pain (to me at least)
    -Sarah Maria

sarah maria , im an ex gymnast to although i didnt have many problems from gym other than a dislocated knee i totally know what you mean by internal and muscle pain. i hate that feeling

can anyone describe what it feels like when you have a UTI or a kidney infection ? what does then pain feel like ?thanks

haha i was the walking disaster in my gym. i was covered in tape and support braces, and i spent time after practice with ice bags. i quit becausemy kneecap was locking and griding with my femur.

anything involved with kidneys feels like a deep, intense pain across your lower-mid back. you might feel n* also. like i said, lots of water. its good for those kidneys.

feel better soon! =]
    -Sarah Maria