Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Anyone have to take magnesium citrate? What was it like? I have to take it and I am scared.

is that the stuff to take before having a colonoscopy?

I think so. I am taking it for constipation. I had an x-ray
    and thats what my doc wants me to do. Its in a glass bottle and
    comes in lime, cherry, or grape flavor.

It made me extremely N*. It tastes pretty icky, I think I had lemon. I didn't finish the dose, but it did the trick!

BandNerd
    BandNerd

Blah. My dad said it tasted awful and like someone "turned the faucet on and let it run". [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Good luck. I hope all goes well.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

My boyfriend takes that every day...its a product called CALM and he takes it for his muscles because he works out a lot...and he has never had a problem with it...but taking too much will give you d*, it helps you got poop too...but he needs it to replinish his muscles. He has never gotten n* from it at all. I would take it too but its derived from dairy and im allergic.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've had to take it....it doesn't taste so great, but it didn't make me n* or anything. It will definitely clean you out!

Is yours in a powder form? Because he just mixed his with juice, and has not complaned of the taste.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cleans like a white tonadoe! LOL!

The taste is the worst part but trust me when I say....don't trust a fart after you take it. The more water you take, the better it works. It never made me n* in fact it did not make me feel sick at all. Just realize that the d* you experience is induced and not due to illness. All it is is a water blocker that keeps the intestines from absorbing water and thus it flushes you out. The colder you make it, the more tolerable the taste (sort of...it IS pretty nasty).

The entire event last a couple of hours, depending on how much is in you. I had to take an entire bottle before I had my kidneys Xrayed one time after having a kidney stone attack. My wife will use it as a laxative. Just be near a potty because when the urge hits...look out![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I don't think it's exactly the same, but every night I take 1000 mgs of magnesium in capsule form for constipation. It's helped me a lot. But it can get me feeling a little iffy from time to time.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Well I took it! WOW, Never experienced anything like it in my
    life! No N* thank god. The effects started at 12, and I am
    still having D every 20 min or so. The intervals are
    decreasing. I am supposed to go bowling at 8pm. ANYONE KNOW
    HOW LONG THE D LASTS?