Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I came home from work feeling wonderul, found my husband in the fetal position in bed. He said he felt sick all day and feels like he's going to be sick. I let the room and about 30 minutes later he came running out and went outside and was sick. I am freaking out. I kissed him this morning and now i'm having one panic attack after another trying to tell myself its ok. I have no control....but all I want to do is get a hotel room and bleach everything I own.

Any suggestions from someone who's dealing with the same thing...

I think you will be fine. I came home from work, late, a few months
    ago. I didn't really have time to talk to my husband before we went to
    bed. We did our usual kiss goodnight. The next morning and all day he
    was really sick. He later told me he felt sick when we went to bed. I
    wanted to kill him for not telling me before we kissed. Anyway, I was
    fine. I know it is hard to deal with your husband sick, but you will be
    okay. Just keep up the good hand washing and tell him to do the same.

Sorry you have to go through this, try to stay calm by telling yourself that he needs you right now. I always feel guilty when my fiance is sick, it makes me so sad. I think that you will be just fine, I know how hard it is to be in your position but try thinking with your heart ...at least thats what i do and it works! good luck and hope he gets better soon.

awww just relax.. maybe make yourself some tea and watch some tv. get your mind off things. i agree with susie - wash your hands!
    -Sarah Maria

Thank yall for the encouraging words. He doesn't understand my phobia, so its hard to try and act normal when he pokes his head out the bedroom. I must have washed my hands a million times since i've been home. Its going to be a long night. I'm so glad we have a ok sized house. We can comfortably be uncomfortable somewhere else.

Does anyone know of any prevention techniques besides hygeine? medicine?

i know i sound selfish b/c he's the sick one but he's already joking around with me about not sleeping in the bedroom tonight...I hope that means he's on his way up...he hasn't gotten sick in about 2 hours...so hopfully that was it.

I do feel so selfish about not being closer to him right now...but I think i'd make him crazy asking him to many questions.

I don't know of any meds you can take to ensure you will be okay.
    However, I still think you will be fine by keeping up the necessary
    precautions. I totally understand about not wanting to sleep with him,
    I wouldn't either. He can joke all he wants, but you need to do what
    makes you comfortable. Hey, at least you didn't leave the house. You
    are doing a great job!

Thanks. I think i'll try to watch a movie and calm my nerves. I appreciate your support.

I know how you feel. The concern for him along with the guilt ur feeling inside. When my mother was sick I had to grin && bear it. It helped me to go into another room and lie down & take a nap but it might not be that easy with a hubby lol.

Feel better

I just went through this with my daughter. I know it is hard but try to relax. I read...i believe it was on this site...that it is not contagious through his saliva unless he has been vomitting...so your kiss earlier was fine!

That is very true. Infact it may ease your mind of you read the sv q and a sticky post in the questions forum. It will tell you everything. Please remember that its not airbourne. And you can take zinc, with food to boost your immune system. Also dramamine if you feel n*. But the best thing you can do, is keep your hands clean, eat healthy, and get sleep, those will help your immune system stay up and running, and the zinc will make you stronger too...
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well its been 14 hours since it happened he slept all night with being sick again. He says he still feels really crappy. I hardly slept but luckily have today off to gather myself.

He just ate some toast and seems to be ok with it. Lets hope so!

Yes, please do read the sticky post at the top of the Q&A section of this forum. You can't catch a "stomach virus" by kissing someone who doesn't have symptoms. And if you're really nervous, try to spend more energy on keeping your hands away from your face, rather than continually washing them. It's not about being on your hands, it's about your hands being in your mouth. (Just don't want you to make your hands raw.) Bleaching everything isn't a bad idea - just be sure to mix the bleach solution properly as straight bleach or bleach too strong can be quite toxic.

Take care!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.