Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

im getting married in june and am already v v v v v v v v v v scared that i will v* in the middle of the church service but now my parents have bought us a longweekend in eastern europe for our honeymoon

i cannot even put into words how scared i am and there is still 6 mths to go!

my father said it will do me so much good to go and realise that i am not going to v* a million times before i come home but i think this is a real possibility!

the flight is 3 hrs and i have already rang the airline and asked for seats next to the toilet but they wont allocate seats until check in.

How do i guarantee that i wont have any bowel trouble or v* for those 5 days?

Help please

for startes....get you an acid reducer to take.

Chamomile and Mint teas are great for nervouse stomachs and helps the bloated feeling go away...as well as peppermint gum.

You will do great hun! Dont stress

i will try anything!! thanks

my boyf is worried he will be spending the holiday alone and i will just wait in the airport until the return flight!!

I can totally relate. I just got married this past September and went on a 2-week honeymoon in South Africa. I had the same exact fears that you had. I was scared to death that I would be sick during the ceremony. So, I made sure it was short...only 20 minutes! And then after the ceremony was over and the nerves subsided, I had so much fun, I didn't have time to think about being sick!

As for your honeymoon, I always find that when I'm traveling in foreign places, I am so overwhelmed by the new sights & culture, that I don't even think about being sick. You are going to be in such a whirlwind between the wedding & honeymoon, that you will hopefully be enjoying yourself too much to even focus on this. I think you will surprise yourself and be absolutely fine! HAVE FUN! And CONGRATS!

When it comes to the ceremony....ask your dr about somethign liek ativan, which can help the severe anxiety. I was scared about the exact same thing when i got married, but there are so many ppl around, and happiness, it is hard to think about it at that exact time. I did take ativan, but I think that is normal for anyone getting married...lol.

Remember there are air-sickness bags, and you can probably have a glass of something on the plane. That can help you relax. Watch the movie...hold on to your new hubby's hand. You'll do great, and have so much fun that you won't have time to think about the fear.

Crystal

PS...CONGRATS!
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

shag, honey...please try not to fret over this as it will ruin your wonderful day. #1: Emetophobic people NEVER vomit when nervous! If you haven't been sick in a zillion years, you won't be sick just cuz you're in CHURCH standing up on your wedding day. HONESTLY! Don't give that another thought...it just won't happen.

Normally I recommend something like Ativan for one-shot nervousness, too, but one of the side-effects is amnesia so you may not remember your wedding day and that would be sad. However if you're a complete basket case, then go for it and be sure you've got a good videographer.

I WOULD recommend Ativan for the plane trip. (Who cares if you forget THAT the next day?lol) And the seats by the toilets are normally the LEAST desirable, so when you check in (early) ask for those, and it should be NO problem!

I've never seen anyone sick on planes, and planes are no different that any crowd of people - sometimes someone is sick, normally not. 3 hours isn't long at all, and it will be fine.

A mild tranquilizer may do you a world of good on the trip, so talk to your doctor.

And do your best to enjoy your wedding and honeymoon!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you for your kind advice, im kinda coming round to thinking that if i bottled it and stayed at home, how stupid wud i feel in 5 years time telling people i had no honeymoon coz i was to scared of v* that i wouldnt leave the house!!

I am determined to go (if it kills me!!!!)

I can relate to the travel part- I hateairplanes, but I willNOT letthat stop me from traveling. Iam so much calmer when I travel with my husband - he understands my phobia and is a great protector.

I travel by airplane a lot for businessand have a pretty set routine that helps mecope, which includes Gravol before the flight to ward off any n* and to make me a little sleepy. I also prefer not to drink alcoholon the flight, butwater works for me.

Since I am more afraid of others v* than myself, I prefer not to sit by the bathroom.I generally prefer a window seat to keep me distracted and unaware of what is going on down the middle of the aisle and I keep my iPod on, even if I'm sleeping.

I had a bad experience with a fellow passenger (when I was not with my husband) during landing at Denver airport(so no iPod), but I closed my eyes, plugged my ears, pulled up my turtleneck (another essential) and counted to 10 over and over again to calm myself and I made it (though I probably looked like a freak - I don't care).

Bottom line - I will go anywhere with my husband!! You will be fine too!!

I just got married in August and I suggest you take a xanax about two hours before the ceremony. It totally chilled me out and I was able to get through the ceremony with ease and grace...AND I remember every bit of it.

As far as your honeymoon concerns, I am in the same boat. We're going to Mexico in April and I'm so worried about one of us getting sick in such a remote location.

But, I think you just have to have faith and try to enjoy yourself as much as possible. That's what I plan on doing!

Best of luck and congrats on your upcoming marriage!

I can totally relate! Like haiku25, I made sure our ceremony was short and I had gum with me the whole time. :P Honestly, once there I forgot (mostly) about being scared and just thought of what was to come.

I can also relate to the flying. My husband and I are going to Hawaii next month (It'll be a 10 or so hour flight!) and I'm already feeling nervous.