Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HELP ME PLEASE

My daughter had a sv on tuesday. Just tonight my husband said he didnt feel well. Said he ate too much soup and chocolate milk. Came upstairs and layed with me a bit...went down and got water and i heard the toilet flush. He came up and said he was fine. Then about 10 minutes later said he was sick and was sleeping downstairs and went down and v*. I am so upset now...that he possibly exposed me and that now i have to go through this all over again. Honestly i'd rather die right now than worry and panic all over again. Why is this happening to me? I really just cannot handle this. I really really tried hard not to catch this. I just want to die.

I just remembered that HE cooked dinner tonight. Oh my god. I'm doomed arent i? It is GOING to happen. I can't handle this. I'm shaking so bad. Are panic attacks bad for the baby if you are pregnant?

Hey I'm so sorry this is happening to you again, that really sucks. At least your husband has warned you he is ill and removed himself from being around you. Just focus on keeping sanitary, you didnt catch anything from your daughter and there is no guarantee that he has an sv, he could just have eaten somthing that doesn't agree with him. I hope you are feeling better soon and that your husband is too. I know its easier said than done but try and take your mind off things, watch a film or something x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can't take my mind off of this....my husband sucks at hygiene. He made dinner...probably didnt wash his hands....and was incubating the virus so i'm going to get sick and i really would rather die.

Some consolation - if all the food was hot food, I think the heat would have killed the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by halfoverthefur
    Some consolation - if all the food was hot food, I think the heat would have killed the virus.

Totally true. Even if he didn't wash his hands...anything over 60* will kill the virus. It says that in the SV Q and A in the question forum...maybe take a look to help ease your nerves?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh man, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I understand
    why you are concerned, but you are not doomed. Try to stay calm and
    just keep up the good hand washing. How are things at your house now?

As I said several times before, I drank after my husband about 4 hours before he began v*. I never caught it. I think you'll be fine.

He only v* once last night and is sleeping now. He asked from some toast and water. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for being here for me. I was a mess last night. I am much better now.

Thats good. Im so glad
    I love Sam

Well i am feeling relieved. He just woke up and doesnt feel like v* and still has only v* that once. He says he does feel like it is a virus so probably what my daughter had. He admitted that he did touch his food with his hands without washing them before eating and thinks he got it that way even though i told him that alyssa is still contagious through her poo! Oh well though...i know i wash my hands plenty. Hopefully there will be many more months before i have to deal with v* again if i don't catch it.

You will be fine. And, yes you will probably have many more months of
    your family being v* free. That is usually how it works. You've really
    had a rough week, but I think it is over now.

I think you should be okay , I mean he did say that he ate to much soup and chocolate milk right. maybe that wasnt a good mixture for his stomach. even if you do get it, just remeber that you have us for support and no matte rwhat happens things will be okay.

How is he feeling and how are you feeling?

I don't know if this would help or not...but my fiance came over to stay with me one day andabout12 hours later he was sickwith a sv. I never caught it, even though we had been in close contact for several hours and were kissing each other.He told me later on that he felt sick when he had come over...and I almost killed him for that. But I never did get it, thank God. I definitely think you will be okay.Edited by: victoria018