Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: A City With the Name ’Norwalk’

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’d visit, but probably not live there

7 28.00%
  • I wouldn’t mind living there at all

13 52.00%
  • I’d never go NEAR a city with that name!

5 20.00%

Just out of curiousity, would you ever live in, let alone visit, a city with the name of Norwalk? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. As stupid as it sounds, to me it's a bad omen...

Why not? lol

Yes, I am not superstitious. I have been past the Norwalk, Ohio exit on the Ohio Turnpike (where Norwalk virus was identified) and I laugh. Norwalk has been probably everywhere humans are, and there is no reason to believe it would be more prevalent there.

Doug

P.S. It might be different if they put a sign at the city line that said "Birthplace of the Stomach Flu" and a graphical symbol.

P.P.S. OK, I couldn't resist. I created a sign like that and put it on my emet web site, because it's too graphic to post here. If you want a good laugh, go here: http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/norwalksign.html
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 11-26-2011 at 01:20 AM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

O h I didn't know that. I read waaay too much Stephen King...so I would definetly NEVER visit a city named Bangor..I'd avoid Maine all together lol

i would visit but that name turns me off a whole lot

Lol! I was born in Norwalk, OH. My grandpa lived there my whole life.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I have been to Norwalk, Ohio and that was the first thing that popped in my mind. My cousin used to live there. It didn't bother me. Do you live in Ohio Doug?
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

PS- Lovely Norwalk sign. Makes me want to vacation there.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I am not suprestitious so I wouldn't care[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    You only live once

Sadly, I am superstitious, and would feel I was tempting fate by visiting a town called 'Norwalk.' I know it's silly, but I can't help it.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

You could probably catch a lot worse in Norwalk than a Norwalk-like virus. Lol! I don't care much for the town at all. Not much going on there. Just a bunch of hicks.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I do have little superstitions but it wouldn't bother me visiting that place.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    You could probably catch a lot worse in Norwalk than a Norwalk-like virus. Lol! I don't care much for the town at all. Not much going on there. Just a bunch of hicks.

I was young but I thought Norwalk, Ohio was a nice enough town. Hicks aren't all bad.

I guess I'm being judgemental or something- I should work on that. I just always saw it as being a yukkie place. I lived 12 miles from there for 17 years of my life and always dreaded going into that town because it just seemed a little 'off'. Unfortunately we were there too often for my liking. It's funny- the locals call the hospital there (which is called Fisher Titus), Fisher Price! Lol! Maybe you and I have different definition of hicks.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I never lived there or anything. I know alot of people see all hicks as stupid and gross and it just makes me sad. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]No big thing...I need to chill out.

What I am guessing is that I probably used the word wrong. I know there is a large farm community out there and I think that's awesome. I guess I should have used the term 'red necks' instead- these are the people who I mean to not like which seem to populate much of this area of Ohio. I'm talking rebel flag, gun rack, racist, ignorant people. I am sure you would agree that these people are pretty much a waste of good oxygen. But as far as just being from the hills or being farmers- nah, they are usually okay people. That all being said, I generally do not like stereotypes or labels so I am digressing now, as I have been judgemental in these posts and feel ignorant for it. Lol!

Peace [img]smileys/smilies_45.gif[/img]Shanti
    \"This too shall pass\"

OK weird but ever since v* happened to me recently... I've changed my mind. I wouldn't mind visiting now. Although I still certainly wouldn't LIVE there

Sophia that's great! So maybe everytime we do get sick or experience someone else getting sick it does get us a little closer to being better!
    \"This too shall pass\"