Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sv* epidemic

so i posted right before the site went down about my ex having an sv and then my best friend having one... well the 2 weeks following those 2 cases were possibly the worst 2 weeks of my life... 4 of my other close friends also had the sv... i have never experienced this in my life!! i was the most neurotic person during that time and i couldnt even come on here for help!! i cried all the time and washed my hands till they bled and lost about 4 pounds... it seems the worst has passed now. i started my spring semester on monday and on tuesday felt as if i had to v* while driving home (which takes about 30 minutes). i freaked out and had to pull over numerous times to dry heave... i felt it coming up, i havent been so close to v*ing since i was little... i was so scared, but i made it home w/o v*ing. i think it may have been a combo of nerves/not eating. ugh i cant take this anymore.

Oh, how awful that must have been, especially not having any support. I
    wish we could have been there for you. It sounds like the worst is over
    and hopefully you can rest a little easier now.

I know how you feel. A lot of my friends have had it. One of them was kind enough to call me a few days ago just to let me know he had it. I was just starting to forget about it when he called. I've been a wreck. I broke down a few nights ago when my daughter said she felt funny. My husband thinks I'm insane. I know it's not normal to be that terrified, and I just want it to stop. It's gone from only freaking out when someone in the house is sick to worrying about when one of them or myself will get sick, which is pretty much full time. I'm finally getting some professional help starting next week, but I don't know how useful it will be.

It has been pretty horrible here. I believe it is just beginning. Typically, the sv goes around pretty bad for about two weeks in the midle of February every year. But, it has already arrived. This week alone, I know of seven people who have it. Yesterday, my office manager's son was home from school because the teachers had a conference. Suddenly, he got sick in mid-morning and our office manager had to rush home. She took him to the hospital because he was so sick. I can only imagine that it is going to increase before it gets better. February is going to be a rough rough month.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stella

folks - this thread is ok so far, but if you're going to post about where the virus is or anything on the news, please do so in the sticky post at the top. I've sort of promised that folks won't get scared by coming across this info in the general discussion. thanks!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It has been pretty horrible here. I believe it is just beginning. Typically, the sv goes around pretty bad for about two weeks in the midle of February every year. But, it has already arrived. This week alone, I know of seven people who have it. Yesterday, my office manager's son was home from school because the teachers had a conference. Suddenly, he got sick in mid-morning and our office manager had to rush home. She took him to the hospital because he was so sick. I can only imagine that it is going to increase before it gets better. February is going to be a rough rough month.

It could have been something else. Kim