Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

You might remember that before the site went down, I posted to say that my cat Toby had been killed. Well,I am gutted to have to add that my other cat, Ruby, has also died. Once she discovered that Toby had gone for good, she went rapidly downhill. She hid in my bedroom and refused to eat. You could actually see the grief in her eyes. Kidney failure set in, and she was put to sleep on Wednesday night. Poor thing just couldn't live without her kitty companion.

We are devastated, though a part of me is glad that they are together again. They were 12 and 13 and inseperable. My son has taken it like a typical child - he cries one minute and asks for a hamster the next. They are buried side by side in my garden.

I just can't get over the fact that at New Year I had two healthy cats and now I have none. I really thought they'd make it to old age. I'll miss them so much.

I am so sorry for your loss. How very sad that is that Ruby missed him
    so much that she could not go on living. I know it is so hard to lose
    one pet, I can't imagine losing 2 so close together. I am sure, one
    day, you will find love in another pet. My thoughts are with you.

Aw im so sorry. I remember how devastated i was when my cat hd to be put to sleep even though she was very old. It does get a little easier with time though, it sounds cliche but try and remember the good times x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So sorry! (((Hugs)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your other cat. It's amazing how connected animals are with each other.

Something similar happend to us a few months ago. My cat had to be put down on October 17, and on November 22 my husbands cat had to be put down. He had developed a heart problem. Our 2 cats didn't get along at all, but it was very strange and sad at the same time.

{hugs to you and your family}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

im so so sorry to hear of this the same thing happened with my two boy cats who were the best of friends for 14 years. we put one down and then a couple of months later the other fell ill and died at the vets whilst on a drip but i was comforted to know that they would once again be together forever.. its corny i know but it was the only thing that made me feel somewhat better. *hugs*
    Angles

Im so sorry hun (((Massive Hugs)))
    xxx

Awwww hun I'm so so sorry...

It's amazing how animals will become so connected to eachother. When I was a little younger, we adopted two kittens from the same litter, one boy and one girl. My brother named the boy Gengar, I named the girl Midnight. Everything was fine for a couple of months but soon, Gengar started getting sick a lot and couldn't eat anything without either v* or having d*, and massive amounts of it. The poor little baby was only 4 months old. I spent day after day of my winter vacation from school holding him in my arms, wrapped up in a towel next to the heater, feeding him chicken and rice so that he might not have anymore d*. Unfortunately, this didn't help him.

When we had him put to sleep because his poor little body just couldn't go on anymore, we brought his collar home and put it on my mom's bed. All of our other cats (8 others, to be exact) came up on the bed and sniffed the collar, and immediately lay down next to it. Poor Midnight didn't eat for 3 days. She clung to our resident male mother cat, Casey and wouldn't go anywhere without him. They all knew Gengar was gone and they were all grieving. It was so sad.

I understand how you're feeling. It's so hard to lose our pets. I have a feeling one of mine will be going soon. She's developing the signs of kidney failure. She's also almost 14 years old so she's getting on in years. It will be horrible when she goes. Just remember good times you had with both of your pets and it will give you the strength to move forward. We're all here for you!

I am so sorry that you lost your other cat. I have two cats and I would hate to lose either of them.I did lose a cat a few years ago, I had to have her put to sleep and it broke my heart. I cried for three days after. We're all here for you!

Oh no, I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking losing a pet, but to lose twoin such a short space of timemust be so very hard. My thoughts are with you, take care x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Aww, I am so sorry. How horrible to lose both of your beloved cats. I am thinking about you!!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img] This commonly happens with animals, as with people. My neighbors' dogs had a similar situation: One developed a brain tumor and was put to sleep. Shortly after, the other dog, who never ever ran into the street, ran out in front of a car and was killed. Try to find peace in knowing that they are together and that someday you will be with them again.

I'm just so so sorry. I know my house would be a much emptier place
    without my cat Fiona. I know I'll sound like crazy cat lady, but she
    really is there and a comfort when no one else is. Plus I love how
    selfish she can be - just like me. I can't imagine your loss.

My best to you and your family.

OOHH, what an amazing story of love!! I believe they are happy now together and I hope that will comfort you. Cats are wonderful!!!</font>