Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

this is a petition to keep my fiance in Canada please sign it I need as much support as i can get .Thanks everyone

http://www.petitiononline.com/sked/petition.html

Yep, please everyone, need to help him out as much as possible!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's horrible! I got your back, babe!

I'm an immigrant myself. I was happy to sign your petition.

I just signed the petition too. My thoughts are with you and your fiance....

While I understand you'd like as many signatures as possible, I don't think it would be in your best interest to request that everyone sign your petition.

From what I understand, since your finance is incarcerated in Canada, and you currently reside in Canada, then all signatures recorded on your petition are required to belong to legal citizens of Canada. Please check your local laws, as it might be even more specific than that.

Should anyone decide to question the signatures on your petition, you might find yourself in some legal trouble as well.
    Just trying to save you some you some trouble. Good luck!

.::Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood::.

This is only my own personal opinion, and not necessarily that of this site, but I would not recommend that anyone sign a petition about someone they don't know, especially when the person is a convincted felon. While it could be well and true that punchbuggy says's he's "reformed", you have no first-hand evidence of this at all. Do you really want your name associated with a Canadian criminal from Sierra Leonne? What if he's a terrorist? You could be dragged into court or even incarcerated yourself - it's happened in the past.

Punchbuggy, hon...I know you mean well, and as I said you could be telling the truth. But I feel it's my job as sort of a "mother hen" around here to protect vulnerable people, especially minors, from assuming the internet is a safe place. Some people on here are mere children, for instance.

If your fiance cannot afford a lawyer, the Canadian government must appoint him a lawyer. If this isn't working out for him, you can certainly advocate for him to get legal representation. Try visiting a free law clinic to ask questions or call the government hotline for legal issues. Someone will help you if you persist! I doubt that an online petition filled with strangers' names will do much in his defense anyway. I do hope this works out for you.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Id like to point out the ammount of names that go onto anti death penalty petitions, petitions againsed animal cruelty, petitions to get people out of parliment, ones that work</span> , now this may not have much to do with these names or what they wrote to show their support but, it does show that people arent going to back down againsed it.

In relation to this, its not going to cause you any problems writting youre name on a petition to help someone out, all</span> the facts are written on their for you to read about this situation, if you dont like writting youre name on a petition then thats fine and yes you shouldnt put youre name on it under the age of 18, but what it says on that specific online petition in the privacy statement is you should be 13 or over, and if not get parental permission.

There are millions of petitions going around, people on the streets asking for names to help towards unfair situation, and these petitions work, they make people realise that there is help out there, instead of others turning a blind eye.

This petition isnt</span> to get him out of jail to put him back into the community, this is to keep him in Canada, punchbuggy isnt asking you to get her fiance out of prison, shes only asking you to help keep him with his family to make sure he can do his best to keep up the good work and serve his time.

I can understand why you wouldnt want to sign one if you hadn't before or seen the results one can do, everyone before signing anything though should always read the sites privacy statement, that isnt punchbuggys responsibility to tell you that though, http://www.petitiononline.com/privacy-pets.html

I'm sorry. I don't feel comfortable signing this. I wish you the best though.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Are you from Manitoba?!?!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I wish you the best of luck as well and hope that all works out in the end,but I agree with new.slang and don't feel comfortable signing it as well. I have nothing against those who have or will.Just saying.

Hell- I signed it. Anyway I can help. I can't imagine what you are going through.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks to everyone who signed it. And the ones who didnt , Im not going to try to force you in any way.

Sage - people can only get lawyers appointed to them by the government as legal aid when they are facing criminal prosecutions not immigration court. its a totally different system all together.