Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Right after v*ing, like 2 or 3 minutes after, how do you feel? Do you feel traumatised or relieved, or what? Just curious.

It' s been several years for me, but I remember feeling a lot better and thinking..."wow, that wasn't all that bad~ this is what I've been freaking out over for the past 20 years?" I was fine for the next couple of days, no emet problems at all. Then, BAM!, out of the blue the emet is back. The severity has varied since, with the last year being the worst ever. Now, when I am n*, I kind of want to v* because I know I will feel so much better, but the fear kicks in and my body just won't let me.
    Be Here Now

Ditto to everything Nicki said.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Yeah. It's like *whew*.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I feel relief for about thirty seconds, then its back to pacing, praying, freaking out. What's weird is, afterward, I really am thinking that it was not that bad, just a big wet hiccup. Why I hate this so much, I will never know. Janna

I feel relieved and kinda stupid actually. It's like "what's so scary
    about this anyway? It's nothing scary at all". I even laughed after v*
    last winter.
    You only live once

relived..and felt much better and thought to myself "why did i try to fight it?"

but then agaoin....i went back to being my spaz emet self

Its been a long time for me and it has never been a regular thing in my life, but I remember last time feeling terrible leading up to it and then feeling better afterwards until the next episode. I remember that I didn't like it, but it wasn't that big of a deal...but then I went on to developing this phobia and being terrified!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

The last time i did, which about on Jan 3rd....i felt better for a sec or two, then i'd do it again....but all in all it wasn't as horrid as i thought it would be...for me it was b/c i didn't have alot to v...which made it worse...so if that helps any.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

umm Jan. 28th... hehe... well the 1st time I couldn't believe it actually happened because like...well...it HAPPENED! For this 1st time in 4.5 years. and it happened fast. 2nd and 3rd time ...well the novelty wears off FAST haha. *graphic* And plus I v*d LARGE volumes

I felt relief immediately. But like the others said, it only lasted a few minutes, and then the next episode happened. 4 out of 5 times, there wasn't much there. After the 5th time, it was a lot, and I was done after that. Still scared as ever, though. Scared b/c I feel more vulnerable to getting the sv*s. I don't feel "immune" to v* anymore. I worry a lot more about it than ever. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EXACTLY what you said! I feel more vulnerable. And I v*d 3 times. And each time there was more and more... kinda wierd.