Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Remeron?

Hey everyone! My doctor just gave me a prescription for Remeron and I was wondering if anyone here is on it or has tried it before. It is the first drug given to me that's not the same as zoloft, prozac, paxil, etc. I'm a little nervous about it because it seems very strong and it is usually taken for major depression which really I just have major anxiety and panic.

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Thanks all!

Hi,I am actually thinking of going on Remeron to be honest. I don't know much about it. I do know this

A friend of mine wa son it years ago...no ving from her.

But apparently it makes people gain weight, like 30 to 40 pounds possibly, but taken at a higher dose it does't. Let me know how it goes because I really want to take something and was thining of that. Good luck

I have taken Remeron in the past in small doses, not for depression, but as a sleep aid. It certainly does make you sleepy! I never noticed any nausea or vomiting with it whatsoever. But, Carolee is right about the weight gain. If taken on a daily basis, it can cause very quick weight gain. I've seen patients (I'm a nurse) gain 40lbs in 2 months!!

Jess

You can gain weight on pretty much any medication used for anxiety/anti-depressant. I was on lexapro and gained about 20 lbs in just a few months. I'm still struggling to get it off!! I've got my fingers crossed that someday soon they come out with a medication that DOESN'T make you gain weight!

I was actually hoping that the lexapro would make me pack a few on! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Maybe that's why my doc gave it to me because I am underweight so putting on some pounds would help a lot.

Thanks guys!