Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: boyfriend sick!

This SUCKKKS!!! My boyfriend and I were out for dinner - he had complained before we left the house that his stomach was upset but he thought maybe he was just hungry b/c he hadn't eaten all day. And earlier he was saying that he needed some food because he was starving. But in the middle of dinner he said we had to leave and he ran outside. So I paid for the meal (damn him! lol) and got my meal packed up and left. Mike had v'd all over the parking lot. And he's been doing it ever since. That was almost 4 hours ago.

Am I petrified? Yes. I've been cleaning the house and washing my hands and making sure to not touch my face but i'm absolutely terrified because before we left for dinner I kissed him. It was a pretty dry kiss but still. He's obviously had the bug in his system for a little bit. I hate this. He thinks its the chili he ate around 11 last night but I don't know. He also made my food last night and touched it, etc. I forgot about that. Anyway he said his chili tasted a bit freezer burned (it had been frozen) but otherwise it was fine. And whatever he has hit him pretty fast.. he felt fine all day... I figured it would take less time than that to hit him if it were food poisoning. And he's a little fevered too. Can't keep anything down. But other than that he said he feels fine - no aches or anything. A bit of a headache but he's had that for days. He also said at supper about 10 minutes before he got sick that his headache was back. Maybe a migraine?

I'm scared. A little love please!

Lisa

Im sorry to hear that your bf is sick. How is he doing now?

Great job for handling it well! If he has a fever it is most likely a virus. Don't worry about the kiss, it's not spread thru saliva. Just continue disinfecting and make sure he keeps his hands washed to prevent spread. Hang in there.

Hi Lisa,

How scary that must have been. I hope he is feeling better! You don't
    need to worry. You kissed him, but he wasn't sick yet. I hear you can
    only get it when people are sick after v* or d*, but he had none when
    you did kiss him. I kissed my husband when he neglected to tell me he
    was not feeling well, and then was really s* and I was fine. Take care,
    and you will be fine.

Hey,

He was super sick until about midnight last night and had a bit of diarrhea through the night. I slept in the spare room to be safe and asked him to make sure his hands were extra clean but he said he was already doing that. Its definitely a virus. I'm terrified but I have to be brave about this. If I'm going to spend my life with someone and eventually have a family, I can't run away from them everytime someone gets sick. Although I want to.

I'm going to sleep in the spare room for the next few days - how long do you think I have to "wait" before I am in the clear of this virus? I read that he can be contagious for up to 2 days AFTER he's better?

I know I'm going to be paranoid for the next week. This is horrible.

I'm going to work - thank God I can get out of the house for 8 hours.

I'll post later on....

SOMEpeople can be contagious for up to 2 weeks after...Not trying to scare you, just being real.

Just make sure he washes his hands and you do the same...

P.S. Good for you for being brave and not running away...I'm proud of you.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this right now! I'm dreading the day that my husband gets an sv (just got married in July). I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it, but you're doing a great job! Keep up the cleaning and handwashing - hopefully you'll be fine! Keep us posted...

Well he can be contagious through his poop for up to two weeks after
    his symptoms disappear...but just make sure he washes his hands and
    clean the bathroom..my bf got sick over the summer, and he had spent
    the morning in bed...um having sex and what not and he got sick that
    night...i was okay...so just keep yourself clean and you should too,
    okay?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh no, that really sucks. Keep yourself clean (which you are already doing). I hope you will be okay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey,

Well..... he's eaten.. but still has diarrhea pretty bad. I am so freakin scared. I've been washing my hands like absolute crazy... and so has he apparently.

Any twinge in my tummy is throwing me right off the deep end. I've been doing pretty good at keeping my distance and all of that but you know how it is. I just want him to be completely better so we can disinfect the house. So... seriously.. how long before I can start to relax? Wednesday or Thursday do you think? This is going to exhaust me.

I hate it.

Honey - I feel the same way you do when my husband is sick - or when my daughter is sick. It is awful the way we feel, but that is who we are, and we cannot help it. You are washing your hands, and not touching your face you will be fine- please read Sage's information on rotovirus in previous links, print it out and refer to it. It helps a lot. I even sent that information to all my family and friends. They are so thankful for it and they aren't even emet!

I would sleep in the spare room for 4 nights. Change his sheets and air out the bed room and bathroom, if you have a window in there. Spray with a solution of 1 tablespoon of bleach per 1 quart of water. it will sanitize everything.

Hope is better!

Nichole

Hi Moon...when my kids were sick (with what sounds like the same thing) 2 out of 3 had d* for 1 week. He could be contagious for up to 3 weeks after his LAST symptom. Make sure to wash your hands...try to use a different bathroom if you have one. Keep us posted.