Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So my cat is off to the vets today, Its so late here and I cant sleep, Im so upset, Ive knowen this was coming for a while.

My cat has hardly ate all weekend and is finding it hard to breathe at times, shes tired and has lost alot of weight.

We think she has a tumour in her stomach or around that area and she just doesnt look comfortable, but the thing is ive had her for about 13 years, shes been there through the bad times and the good, I used to dress her up when I was young and she would just let me, anything for some attention, she just loves to be held and stroked.

She now just looks so sad and its making me cry because shes been the one thing thats always been around when no one else was there at the weekends and I had no one else to talk to..

It sounds so sad but with her being with me for so long she just became my family and not someone I want to let go of, shes like my best friend.

I dont know if its some kind of fate, both me and my mother are leaving this house and are having to put the cats to a home, somewhere where there are loads of other cats ect, but I really dont want her there, I just want her to be healthy and not in pain.

Im sorry if this seems childish in a way, but I love my cat and for 13 years shes been by my side when no one else gave me the time of day and for some reason I just know what the vet is going to say today.

Worst thing is Im sure she can tell Im crying..

So please could you pray for my cat, pray that its something small and she wont have to be put down [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Praying for your kitty.

Oh, hon, I understand how upset you must be, and you are not being in the least bit childish. Our animals become one of the family and when they are ill any loving owner would be in the same state as you. I know I would be the same. It makes it worse because they can't tell us how they are feeling. I will be thinking about your cat and I so hope she recovers from whatever has been ailing her. The best of luck for the vet appointment, praying for good news for you both. Give your cat a big cuddle from me x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I am so sorry Violet.I lost a cat a couple of year ago, she was only 3. I know exactly what you are going through. I pray that she will be OK *HUGS*

So sorry about your kitty, Violet! I hope everything turns out okay!

I will absolutely be sending positive juju you and your kitty's way.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Violet, I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel. It's not silly to think of pets as part of the family because that's exactly what they are. I'll be praying for your cat and I really hope she's okay. (((hugs)))

Violet, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I will pray for her. I know exactly how you feel. My cat got really sick one weekend because of his diabetis and I had to bring him to the vet. I was so scared, but I knew I had to be brave for him. He was also my best friend for 13 years.

{hugs}

Violet, I can totally relate. Don't feel childish, you just love her very much. I'm going through a similar case with my dog, who has cancer. I cry quite often, and I'm sure she can tell. I try not to cry around here, because I don't want to upset her.I will pray for your cat and you : )

You guys make me cry!! Thank you SO SO much for all youre positive thoughts "juju" and prayers for my cat! I love you all!!

The vet said that he couldnt feel a lump but maybe thinks its her kidneys because of the weight she has lost, he gave her an injection and ive got to take her back in a week or two depending on how it goes, so these next few weeks will be hard but she will get alot of love and hugs!

Thank you again SO much for this, you really are the best, it means so much to me xx

Violet, please keep us updated on your cat - you are both in my prayers : )

Aww, Violet. I am sorry about your kitty, but hopefully the vet can get things straightened out and it's nothing serious. I totally understand the bond you have with your cat and she is sooo lucky for having you. I hope everything's okay!

Hey guys,

Thank you again for all youre support!!

We went and got her checked out and he couldnt find any lumps, but he thinks it may be her kidneys, which Im told means she will get weaker over time, so he gave her an injection to kick start her appetitie, shes been eating a little bit more, so Im keeping my fingers crossed!

Thank you everyone!!

xxxxxxxx

By any chance, was it a B12 shot? My cat (who passed away 13 years ago) had to have some of those when he was sick. Did they do a chest x-ray? Another cat I had was having trouble breathing, and he had fluid around his heart and lungs.

Nope I think it was a steroid one, and he said to take her back in a few weeks to see if she had put some weight on, he didnt do much else apart from poke around at her which didnt look very comfortable, but still she kept purring, she just loves any kind of attention, strange cat lol