Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I have not been on here in a LONG time but I just had to get something off my chest. My Boyfriend was over last night and woke up this am with sharp pains in his stomach. I made him go home for fear he would *v at my house. Sure enough, he went home and V'ed 12 times in a matter of 3 hours... Bottom line is that now I dont want to be around him for fear I will catch what he has. He thinks he had food poisoning because he ate a burger that sat in his car all night. (its cold where we live) he said he remembered seeing hamburger in, well, you know. and he has now felt fine since 9 am. that's 12 hours. He was able to eat and keep it down and had tomato soup for dinner. What does everyone think??? Food Poison or virus? I miss him so much and want to be with him but I dont wanna catch anything!
    instant messenger-aggiecrafts

Everything happens for a reason

i would bet fp!!

If he was able to eat after 12 hrs...i would think he was fine.

It may have been cold....but not cold enough to keep bacteria building in that burger!

Thanks for your input!!! My best friend thinks its FP too because he had sharp shooting pains in his tummy. Usually with a virus its a dull ache!

Hey!!!!!! I've missed you! Where have you been???

Wow! Anyways--it definitely sounds like fp, being that he had sharp pains, violent but short-lived v*, and seems to be ok now, able to keep food down. Sounds like the worst is over for him
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Charlene! nice to see you again!... Thanks for your take on it. I guess I will hang out with him tomorrow. I am still so afraid to go to bed tonight. Before I came home from work, I stopped at the drug store and bought airborne, pepto, and saltines in case it hits me! I don't think he fully understands my phobia. he was upset that I wouldnt be with him tonight when He couldnt get rid of me when he had strep! I said I am gonna be a terrible mom because i wont want to be anywhere near my kids if they v*!!! he said he would always clean it up so I guess I founda keeper...FINALLY!

Nice to see you again...I was hoping never to need this site again! But I am so glad you are all here for me!

To be safe, stay away from him for 48 hours after the symptoms end. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its hard to tell if it was FP or SV. If you did a test and it came back Norovirus, that could absolutely be FP. FP is not just salmonella or e-coli. In fact, most cases of Norovirus ARE FP. Lets say someone got a sv and they are not able to trace it to catching it from a specific person. They could have caught it from ths sandwhich they had at Subway the day before when the food preparer did not wash their hands when they went to the bathroom. The food preparer may have been perfectly healthy, but if someone went to the bathroom and did not wash their hands and then the food preparer did not wash their hands (or even if theydid)and then opened the contaminated door - oh well. The virus gets passed on. This is why it is so easily spread. I think the day will come very soon where everything in public bathrooms will be automated. Some are already. It is wonderful. We are now learning so much more about the spread of this nasty gastro bugs. Since people are so quick on the move, we can't expect good hygiene. Automatic bathrooms are the way of the future.

Stella

my husband has had FP a few times and he says the difference between FP and a SV is when you have SV and v* you actually feel some relief but with FP the more you v* the sicker you feel.

Hmmm...i don't know that is a tough call. When my kids got sick over xmas...they got sick out of no where...and had eaten very good dinners 3 hours prior. So, could be norwalk. Keep us posted! Be careful with his poop...it i contagious for up to 3 weeks after his LAST symptom. I didn't get sick...keep washing your hands!