Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: my kiddos

Do any of you mom's or dad's worry about your kids getting the sv more than you worry about yourself getting it? I do, for two reasons-one, since I hate v* so much, it pains me to see the person I love more than anything doing it, and two, if I caught it I always think I'd be able to "beat" it. Maybe a fever, some n*, d*, but that's it. At least that is what has always happened in the past, except for one time a couple years ago, but I'll digress on that one. So the anxiety I have is about 20% fear I will catch it, and 80% they will. Does anyone else feel this way? I am super vigilant about hand washing, vitamins, etc. I even bought that stuff online that supposedly kills norwalk. My family, including my hubby, just automatically stick out their hands after an outing. They don't even gripe about it anymore. I guess part of it could be a control thing, like maybe I think I can control my bodily functions or something, and I'd sure like to be able to control theirs. It probably also has something to do with the fact that my seven year old has been hospitalized four times when he was younger for dehydration from the sv. Once from strep. He's older now and its been a long time since he's been that ill, but I still worry. Its scary when even a hospital and drugs can't stop the v*. That could have something to do with it. I just hate not being able to de-germ their hands all the time, but I know that's life. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Janna

i dont have any kids, but i live with my mother who i fear getting sick. she's pretty healthy, but like most people she gets a sv occaisionally and v*'s. i'm pretty scared about myself v*ing, but if my mom mentions any n*...i end up bugging her constantly: "are you ok?" "do you feel like you're gonna v*?" but yeah...

Mine is 5% worried about myself, 95% worried my dtr will get it.

I'm right about where worrygirl is...5% me and 95% my daughter.
    She just passed the 7 month mark of when she last had it. And, hadn't
    had it before then for over 4 years. Every night, I wonder if this will
    be the night she is sick. I heard the principal at school saying they
    sent lots of kids home with the sv in the past week. Plus, (this may be
    gross) she said she smelled something like cat food in her classroom
    and in the library. So, now I automatically think it was v* and she is
    somehow going to catch it just by smelling it, or being close to it.
    It's crazy, I don't even know if it was v*. UGGHHH.

I really do just feel like locking my doors and making my kids stay inside for a month......but I won't.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

You guys have to read Sage's post in this topic, it is an awesome post. I almost feel better, but not quite..[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Sorry, not this topic, but the FACTS ABOUT NOROVIRUS, the first post on this discussion, it is great[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thank you grgygrl! I will!

i am the same way jan......we deal with them so they can deal with us..lol