Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: When the last time you v* what caused it?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am not sure (then tell your guesses)

7 13.46%
  • Food Poisoning

8 15.38%
  • SV

27 51.92%
  • Pain or ache (tell what kind)

0 0%
  • Pregnancy, period or PMS

1 1.92%
  • Other (what?)

9 17.31%

Please vote and comment your votes. Thank you.
    You only live once

The only times I have v* in my adult life have been from a SV.

I'm not sure if it was fp or sv. I had eaten at McDonalds that night, so it could have been that. I'm leaning toward sv, though.

Drinking too much!!

I think it was from an egg that I ate that was just in a friend's back yard from her hens. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Stupid idea anyway.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I chose food poisoning, but I'm also leaning towards SV! I have no idea! Last time I got sick, I had eaten something that made me feel uncomfortable directly afterwards, and I got sick soon after. BUT! My grandmother whom I was staying with at the time had just recently gotten sick with the SV! So I don't know if it's what I ate, or if I had caught it. Weird.

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

Wisdom teeth. Wasn't too bad though, I just have a low tolerance for blood-swallowing.

Drinking too much.

I don't know why I threw up the last time I did but I think it had something to do with Matzah. My mom made this Matzah meat loaf thing during passover, and when I threw up that was the only thing that came up, that and a lot of bile. But it could have been any reason really. I felt like crap the whole next day but then after that I was fine.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I'm 20 yrs old and the last time I threw up was when I was 7 yrs old...(I hope it stays that way!) But anyways, I threw up from eating too much at a Halloween party at school...thankfully I waited until I got home...a bit traumatizing, actually.

I got shot in the eye with a BB Gun and it threw off my equalibrium (sp?) so it made me v* uncontrollably for a few hours until someone finally gave me an IV at the hospital filled with anti n* stuff.
    ~ Kimmy ~

I think it was food poisoning, but it was more than 30 years ago (when there used to be a show.)

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SV.....Jan 3rd 2007.....
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

well... before, in summer 2002 it was dehydration I think. But a couple days ago, my most recent, it's sv*

Mine was from fp in 1990, almost 17 years ago, and it was from some shrimp that I ate at Denny's. I really should have known better!! Yuck!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I am not sure whether it was food poisoning or a sv. I lean torward food poisoning, though. I vomited 2x and had diarrhea before I vomited. But had a tummy ache for hours before.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I put sv*. For years I thought it was fp*, because I was SOOO sick, and had the worst cramps I've ever had. I also had no fever or headache. It only lasted 6 hours, and then I was fine. My sister took care of me all night, and didn't get it. So i assumed it was fp*. But then I read that a sv* can have the same symptoms. So I'm guessing thats what it was.

I was like.. 9.. I ate too many of those Nacho Cheesier Doritos before dinner. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a s*v* because I only got sick a couple of times before I finally fell asleep that night.

I've had sv/fp since then but I haven't v* from them.

Too much to drink!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I ate those same Doritos before bed the last time I v*....Dec 9, 1984! Maybe it was from them?

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72

I ate those same Doritos before bed the last time I v*....Dec 9, 1984! Maybe it was from them?

Mary
    The thing is.. they taste soooo good. I would always eat a snack when I got home from school and I ate like half the bag or something disgusting like that. Ha. Doritos aren't good for you anyway, and they ruined my dinner. But I still ate dinner anyway. Ugh.

I won't eat Doritos to this day. Unless I'm starved.. which means I've had Doritos maybe two times in the last 11 years.

I won't eat them either!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Mary and Barbie, Doritos are an extremely unlikely cause of food poisoning. Your revulsion to them is not because they poisoned you but because you had to taste them that way.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1
    Mary and Barbie, Doritos are an extremely unlikely cause of food poisoning. Your revulsion to them is not because they poisoned you but because you had to taste them that way.
    I know.. it wasn't food poisoning.. I just ate too many. Chips and stuff make me feel a little ick anyway (because they're junk food!).. so that's what I meant.

^ That's weird, I have a friend who v*d from a Dorito overdose just recently! Must be that awful artificial cheese stuff they coat them in.

Last time I v*d was when I shared a chocolate donut with a girl from primary school, when I was 7 - I think I caught a bug off her, but I only v*d once, then I was better. Is that still an sv*? I still see the girl in question every so often, and its always awkward, lol. I find myself resisting the urge to walk on the other side of the street. I do try to talk normally to her, but I've got this voice in the back of my head going "You made me ILL..." the whole time!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Ok, the last thing I ate was Doritos (one of those snack bags) and now I'm uncomfortable.

I put 'other' because mine was from taking pills on a relatively empty stomach. I had a terrible flu/cold and I had a really high fever. It was so high that I was getting back spasms. My mom was going to take me to the Chiropractor but before I went, I ate two bites of a granola bar and took Tylenol Cold (or something like that). Half way through the appt I was so n*. I ended up leaving before my mom because I told her I wasn't feeling well. All the way home I convinced myself I was fine. I went home, tried to eat an apple..wasn't helping so I decided to lay down in bed for a nap. As soon as feel asleep....v*. It actually was dh* bc I didn't have anything in my stomach . I felt soooooooo good afterwards. I always tend to tell people when I do, like I'm so proud I did it!?! Weird.