Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't feel like talking about it too much. but basically... long story short, I have sv*, I v* three times on Sunday, and I had d* a lot yesterday. Nothing today *KNOCKS WOOD* but I have my freakin period [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]which alone is enough to make me want to die...

I'm really scared. I've never had sv* before, not that I can remember. Before this I hadn't v* since 2002. I feel so much more vulnerable now [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. and what's even worse is every time I eat, I get n*. but my mom keeps telling me I have to eat... and I don't wanna get dehydrated cuz I really don't wanna dry heave. anyway, I'm wondering when you think I'll start getting better and how do I treat sv*?! I've never had this!!!!!

We have Pepto-Bismol but my mom didn't let me take any because she said it probably wouldn't help... I did take some Motrin today and yesterday...

Hi Soph, hope you're feeling better. Don't be scared, it sounds like the worst is over. Take Pepto if you think it will help! Most important think is not to get dehydrated - I found Dioralyte or Pedialyte or whatever it's called really helps when you have D* - it helps you feel better quicker. Or flat coke. And can you take an anti-n* such as Bonine?

Feel better soon, sending healing wishes and hugs... xxx

I'm too scared to drink coke cuz ...well first of all I don't like carbonated beverages. And also I'm afraid they'll make me more sick since it's pretty much physically impossible for me to burp...

I am so sorry you have been sick. How awful for you! I really hope you feel better soon. As for the Peopto, I used to work with this woman who told me that she once had a terrible sv and her dr. told her to still take the Pepto because even though she might still throw it up that there is something in it that helps fight the viruses--I don't know if that's true or not!

I really do hate this. My mom keeps saying I have to go back to school tomorrow, but I really don't want too. I'm TERRIFIED that I'll either get sick at school or I'll pick up yet another virus. I really do hate this. And right now I'm really starting to doubt that sv* is only airborne through v* and d* or if you touch your face & don't wash your hands. I'm probably the cleanest person I know.I dont mean to brag or anything... I mean, I've never even had sv* before this. And if I ever need to use hand sanitizer, I still don't touch my food.

What's really bad is that I also have a period. Anyway, I'm gonna try taking my Celexa tonight. It's half the pill, I think that's 10 mg. The thing is, I can't swallow it without yogurt. Do you think it's safe for me to take it with the yogurt tonight? I had macaroni & cheese earlier and I was pretty much fine, and that's also a dairy product. i don't need to eat all the yogurt to have the medicine, just one spoonful.

Also, sorry about all the questions, but when I v*d at first I had my retainers in my mouth. I had NO time to take them out it happened really fast [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]. Anyway, after I was done i rinsed them off and took them out, and I haven't worn them or cleaned them since Sunday. Anyway, I'm wondering if it'll be safe to wear them again. I have retainer cleaner and stuff. I'm just worried that the germs on them will make me sick again.

Man this is a terrible year for sv*. my mom has it to, she got it the same time as me, and she said she hasn't been this sick in decades. Plus I saw that a lot of people on here were getting sick for the 1st time in like 20 years...

I know what you mean...I am overly clean and hygenic and I have something right now that appears to be a sv* also.

Have you eaten out lately? Like over the weekend, did you control cooking your own food or did others?

I'm pretty sure how I got mine...From my brother. I was with him on Sunday, I even drank after him...Well he got sick on Monday morning...I got sick in the middle of the night last night...

So he was definitely contagious BEFORE he started showing symptoms...And it was passed along through saliva...I drank after him.

Wow! I'm so sorry you got sick! You sounded exactly like I did a month ago. I got a sv* and v* 5 times and had d* for two days afterward. I was scared to eat for like a week or more, and had to force myself to eat and drink to keep up my strength. I was even scared of taking my Paxil too! I took half doses for about a week, until I felt brave enough to go back up to my normal dose.

I was scared to wear the same jacket I had on when I v* [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]. It's my only warm jacket, so I have had no choice but to wear it. But I still can't bring myself to wear the shirt or slippers I had on that night. I got rid of my toothbrush and bought a new one. I bleached the heck out of my apartment so I couldn't "reinfect" myself. Ugh. The silly measures we take to avoid getting sick.

Anyway, after the 5 v* episodes, I didn't get sick again (knock wood). I am pretty sure you will be fine now. The worst has passed. Hang in there! I know it's scary. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aww thanks! It's great to hear from people who've had it more frequently. The thing is, I was experiencing horrible body aches and n* since Friday, 2 days before it hit me. Then it hit Sunday morning at exaclty 1 AM. I did go out to dinner both Friday and Saturday night but I was feeling sick before then. It just never occured to me that I would v* [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]. Whats weird though... is that the restaurant I went to Friday night is also associated with the last time I v* back in July 2002. hehe I mean I was feeling ill before then too, I'd had d* earlier that day. but...wow... so weird. the thing is I just feel so much more vulnerable now.

Have you been around anyone with the sv*?

Given that you wash your hands so often and pay attention to hygiene, It was most likely transmitted to you through food.

how could it have been from food though? I mean, my sister and dad also ate the same things my .... wait... i forget what day... but I think... Wednesday or Thursday... we DID have cole slaw!! And I don't think my dad had it, I know for sure my sister didn't have it. And my mom and I both started w/ aches on Friday. It hit us exactly the same time. And no, we weren't directly w/ ne1 w/ sv*. However, my grandmother started feeling sick Saturday, and had d* all day yesterday. and she didn't eat the stuff we had. Except my sister from our household slept over there Friday and Saturday and Sunday night. Do you think it was possible for her to give my grandma the germs from our household?

I'm scared I don't want my dad or sister to get it. THEY BETTER NOT. I'm TERRIFIED of other people being sick

Cole slaw sounds like it was the cause. That stuff is good but can be dangerous.

Your grandmother could have had something completely different...perhaps she had a different medication that would cause her d*. So no, I don't think your sister was a carrier to give it to your grandmother.

I don't know...For some reason I feel like it was the cole slaw. Think about it...Your mom and dad share a bed, share a bathroom, etc...your dad and sister didn't eat the cole slaw so they haven't gotten it.

Good points Kasey. It is ironic that you and your mom came down with the same symptoms at the same time after eating the same food. Add cole slaw to your avoidance list! LOL

I agree with hippy and one thing to remember, youre system builds up immunity towards these things when it happens so as bad as it was it may have helped youre immune system..

If youre going to avoid colselaw you might as well avoid everything that has raw veg in it with a sauce on it, you can never tell, if it was food poisoning then it could well have been someones dirty hands and nothing to do with the actual food itself..

Feel loads better soon and well done for getting through!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was just kidding because I think it is disgusting....that is why I put LOL

my mom made the cole slaw. And I know she's not emet, but she's definitely one of the cleanest people I've ever seen in the kitchen. It's just sooo weird that we got sick at the same time. Except she v* more than me. My grandma, on the other hand, didn't v* and she v*s SOOOOO easily!

Sometimes these things just happen. We can't control them. It's unfortunate, but it's life. Although you are anxious about going back to school, you seem to have handled yourself amazingly. You'll be fine. We shouldn't analyze so much.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I hope you are okay now!! That sounds a lot like what happened to me.. my mom and I had chinese food .. ughh and the next morning i woke up with d* and then my mom and i v* within like 10 minutes of eachother.. It sounds like fp to me but you never know. You should be good by now just make sure you dont get dehydrated!! I did that and had the worst stomach pains of my life because I hadnt been drinkinganything for a few days. Just stay home and rest so you can get better.
    ☮ ♥ emma

oh wellI was drinking a lot. I ate pretty normally yesterday too. I had a lot of apple juice. Cuz first of all, I can't stand not drinking anything after v* cuz I hate the taste and overall sensation of v*. and also I REALLY didn't wanna get dehydrated. I used to do that and then I'd get THE WORST dry heaves, SO painful

how was your anxiety on sunday like along with the v*?

umm pretty darn high. I'm not gonna lie, the whole experience was worse than I thought it would be.

I'm glad that you're doing better now. If you don't mind me asking, how has this experience affected your emet?

Sounds gross, but leave an open can of coke open in the fridge to flatten it. I drink it when my stomach is upset.

umm I'm going back to school tomorrow. i have to, I've missed so much work from being gone 3 days [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]. Also, I'm scared of relapsing or ... IT at school. All my teachers are really mad at me for missing school, I swear hardly anyone understands what it's like to live w/ this phobia.

And I believe that this has made my emet a lot worse. I'm scared to do anything now. And I feel so much more vulnerable. This sv* at first just started out w/ me being overall tired and SLIGHTLY n*. I thought I was just stressed. I really hate v*. I seriously wish we could just receive a letter or something stating how many times in our lives we'd v*, then I'd know when I'd need to stay home or whatever.

I'm so sorry that it's made you worse. Just remember all of the times that you did whatever.....went to school, a mall, your friend's house.....before and were just fine. I know at first it will be hard to get back into the swing of things, but you've got to do it. Don't let this phobia control you. I'm speaking from experience here when I tell you how it can totally take over if you let it. You're strong. You got through a sv*. Be proud of yourself and see this as a triumph instead of a setback. And remember that if and when you are ever in this situation again, you can handle it.

Don't worry about your teachers being mad at you. They really shouldn't be. It's not like you were skipping school. There's a legitimate reason for your absence and they can get over it. You'll get caught up with all of the work you missed in no time.

I totally understand what you're dealing with. I'm scared of doing anything now too. It's ridiculous. I had a somewhat normal life a year ago, while I was taking my meds, working, etc. Now I am practically housebound, and have been ever since I got sick on Christmas. I am trying to get out more. It's one step forward, two steps back. But I guess I'm getting there. You will too! Soon this will all be a distant memory! We just gotta hang in there! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx

umm I'm going back to school tomorrow. i have to, I've missed so much work from being gone 3 days [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]. Also, I'm scared of relapsing or ... IT at school. All my teachers are really mad at me for missing school, I swear hardly anyone understands what it's like to live w/ this phobia.

And I believe that this has made my emet a lot worse. I'm scared to do anything now. And I feel so much more vulnerable. This sv* at first just started out w/ me being overall tired and SLIGHTLY n*. I thought I was just stressed. I really hate v*. I seriously wish we could just receive a letter or something stating how many times in our lives we'd v*, then I'd know when I'd need to stay home or whatever.

It isn't just the phobia. It's the fact that teachers, jobs, etc all I want you to work NOW no matter what. Doesn't even matter if you're sick. And we WONDER why the bugs run so rampant!

aww thanks you guys. I'm sorry if I sound like such a baby. It's just... this is why I'm so clean to begin with, I want to avoid all germs because I know what I act like whenever I get sick. The thing is, I was actually doing REALLY REALLY good this past year, much better than a long time. Although something in the back of my mind kept telling me I was "due" soon.