Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: a fever

Hello everyone...ya know, i notice that things are bothering more lately. For example..my youngest daughter who is 5 had a fever tonight. 101...that use to never bother me...just v* and d* would bother me. I am totally freaking out afraid that she will be getting a sv* (fingers crossed, they were sick on xmas). She does have a cold now, runny nose. Do you think that maybe she is getting a fever cause her body is just trying to fight off the cold? Or could it be something worse? I felt her when I came home tonight about 8ish, and she felt normal to me. I am so scared that something bad might happen tonight...What do you guys think???

I know how you feel. Whenever my daughter gets s* with anything, I
    always think the worst and something bad will happen. If you are asking
    if we think she may v* or get d* I think not. Your family has just been
    through the horrific noro and I would think you should be safe for a
    very long time. Remember, there so many other illnesses (like colds)
    that are more prevalent than sv's and v* Try to relax and not worry. I
    know, easier said than done.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I hope you are right Susie Q. I am hoping that it is just her cold. Once her fever went down, she was feeling much better. she doesn't complain about anything...throat, ears, headache, tummy ache...so fingers crossed it is just her cold!!

I think you're right, in that her fever is her body's way of fighting off her cold. Her body is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. Being that her fever is down, I think that's a good sign, because once the fever "breaks", they usually start to get better after that
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well guys, I kept her home today...her cheeks were really red and she had a slight fever. 99.7. She ate some breakfast, and it seems her fever is down since the tylenol. She is watching Open Season right now...and seems to be happy, she is laughing. Fingers crossed it will not turn into anything stomach related.

Good, sounds like she is going to be just fine.

It sounds like a cold to me.I don't think that you have anything to worry about. I hope she feels better soon!!

Well...she seemed to have been fine all day long. The highest that her temp got was 99.7. Now at 7pm, it is 102.3. She is just burning up. She sounds like she has a cold. When I was rubbing her legs, she said that it kinda hurt, so my guess is that she has a "cold flu". I think that there have been a few cases here in my state. But I was wondering if anyone knows where to go to find out where it exactly is. I was doing ok...till I got home about 5 from shopping with my mom and my son was home. I walked in, and he said that he had a bad headache..I did get a call from school about 230 this afternoon that he feel and hit his head...well actually right by his eye, and that there is a bruise. I gave him some ibprofuen and then he wanted to lay down. Was very whinny, saying that he didn't feel good. Then he went into the bathroom and said that he was gonna v*. Of course, I COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT!!! He also told me that a kid at school today v*, but in the bathroom...not sure if he made it to a toilet or not, but the teacher had all the students use a different bathroom.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] He then had to go poop, totally normal. After he pooped, he seemed to feel much better. So, I am not sure if it was naseua from his headache, or the ibprofen...or what. I hope to god he won't get sick AGAIN!!! IF he does, that will be the 3rd time this season!!! He was last sick 3 days before xmas...what do you guys think...I need some serious help getting through this!!!

he could have a concussion...that can cause n*/v* and a headache...im so sorry you have to go through this and i hope your son and daughter feel better soon!
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am sure you are right about your daughter, she probably has a cold
    along with something else (not sv). Almost every time my daughter is
    sick with a fever, it goes down during the day and rises in the evening.

As for your son, it realy sounds like he was feeling a little sick
    because of hurting his head. Headaches can do that to a person. I still
    really do think you family is safe from sv for a long time. Try not to
    worry. I know this must hard on you though.

Thanks guys...I hope you are right! I will keep you updated!

So....here is an udpate...(wouldnt be updating if she was ok) My yongest has had a fever since 1/30, today is 2/5. She has missed 3 days of school...and today school was cancelled cause it was so darn cold out. School is actually cancelled for tomorrow already, which is good, cause she would've missed school again!! Today, I took her to the doctor...no fever the ENTIRE day...last fever was 2/4 at 245pm...it was 101.7. The doc looks at her ears, nose...throat, feels her glands, her tummy...everything is fine. She says she probably has the cold flu, and if she gets a fever in the next couple of days...call and we will bring her in for blood work. An hour after I get home from work...its time for dinner...she is freezing cold, I know for her, that is a sign of a fever...no crap...100.7. Mom in law says to send her to school if she doesn't get worse (this was before school was cancelled) I keep feeling her, and I can tell that she is getting warmer...5:55, 101.8. I don't know what could possibly causing her fever like this. Do you guys have any ideas? Or anyone else ever have a child that has had a fever sooooo long???

Hmm I'd say that she has an infection of some kind. I'd take her back in to the dr tomorrow and go ahead and have blood work done. Poor baby, I hope everything is ok. Is she eating and drinking fine? Fever can make you really dehydrated.

She drinks all the time...she eats when she doesn't have a fever...and when she is hungry, I let her eat what she wants. I just feel so bad for her. She says that she really misses her teacher.

could just be the flu which can last well over a week... plus fevers always get worse at night

I think her body is trying to fight off the cold. Children do usually get a fever with a cold. try something like Children's Motrin. I hope she feels better soon!

Well....daughters doc said that colds should not present a fever...I took her to the doctor again today, and they are checking her CBC levels (what r those) and gonna check her for mono. Should have the results tomorrow she said. I will let you know...thanks for the advice guys!

My youngest had a virus like this when she was five. Along with fever,she had fatigue and swollen glands. The Dr. suspected mono but we did'nt have her tested(they would have had to draw blood from her arm)because there is no antibiotic for mono.- so we just let it run it's course. It lasted about 2 weeks. That was a crappy year(kindergarten)she(I should say we)also got broncitis and she got an ear infection( seperate times).
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon