Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sorta OT bc qs

So I have been using birth control for about three years now...and its
    ortha evra, the patch because i cant swallow pills...its supposed to be
    just like the pill. well anyways i feel like it is really contributing
    to me being overweight...I work out a lot, 6 days a week, with light
    weigth trainging and lots of cardio. I eat well...and it doesnt seem to
    help...before i was on the pill i lost a lot of weight and was getting
    in good shape and now...well im just overweight and unhappy with my
    body. So I wanted to know if anyone else felt that way when they were
    on the pill/patch. Because I was to come off it, and I want to know if
    it helped them with their weight. Also...did you get any sickness from
    coming off it, and did you ever go back on it, and have any problems?
    Because i didnt have anything other than lots of hunger coming on it,
    and im scared it will make me sick to come off it...plus...what if i
    want to go back on, will it make me sick? i also then dont know what to
    use as birth control and that sucks...so its like get thin, no birth
    control, no sex but happy with myself, or be over weight not like
    myself, and have safe sex with my boyfriend... any advice
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The pill/patch is not your only birth control option so if you decide to stop taking it you can still have sex!! lol

I would talk to your doctor about other options for birth control that might be better for you.

~ Kimmy ~

hey ruby.. are you absolutely positive you cant swallow pills?? i take birth control for my cramps and to control my period and the pills are literally smaller than this smiley face [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]and they are so flat.. all you have to do is just drink tons of water with it.. But I dont think you will get sick from not using it anymore. Does birth control really cause weight gain?? Maybe i should go off of it..
    ☮ ♥ emma

I have tried many different forms of birth control (several kinds of the pill, the patch, depro shot, and now the ring). I had some problems with all of them, but not gaining weight. I have been using the ring for about 2 years and it works great for me. I was having trouble with breakthrough bleeding, but no more. Maybe the ring is worth a try. And, I never was sick or had any side effects from stopping one thing and trying another. Good Luck!

i love the ring...if you go from one form of BC to another without a break....there should not be any problems with n or side effects.

if you go off bc completly....you will not have any symptoms or side effects

I found what you were talking about! (Inside joke as I tend to PM the wrong people)

I do have a little advice on both subjects. I was on the patch & didn't like it. It irritated my skin. I did gain weight with it. Although, I'm not sure if it was the patch or what. I tried Jasmin, which is a pill, and liked it. One pleasant side effect is weight loss.

I know my sister in law is using the ring & likes it. Do you think you'll have kids in the future? If not, is your boyfriend willing to get a vesectomy? Sometimes, it's only the cost of an office visit & it's really not that bad. That's advice coming from the men I know who have had it. Much cheaper than any other form!

I've never had any side effects changing birth control. However, I know any time you're messing with hormones it can - doesn't mean it will though.

Wish I had more to offer . . .

Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

when i first got married i used a diaphram and loved it as long as your not worried about STDs ( not to affend) then think about that but if you cant insert a tampon you might not like it cause thats kind what its like good luck

Thanks guys...lol Well me and the boyfriend do want to have kids...well
    him at least does, so I know he wouldnt get a vasectomy...yet...I'm
    pretty sure I cannot swallow pills...I haven't been able to my whole
    life, and doign so every day is just a scary thought. I just dont know
    what to do...DAMN trying to loose weight. My doctor said I would gain
    weight on the bc, and I have...like probably 20 pounds at least...
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Ruby,

When I was on the pill (many moons ago because my bf gave me the PERFECT gift of a vasectomy :-) I used to chew them! They have no tase, and you can pretty much crunch once and just swallow. My doctor told me there was no harm in it, and it worked for years with no "fishys" getting through[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I can't swallow pills either. The thought of even trying to do so makes me break out in a sweat and tremble. I chew EVERY medication I have ever taken, even vitamins...I think it gets it into your system faster that way anyway....I guess that's the reason the BC's work faster than an Ibuprofen or other things like that.

\"Nothing sets your spirit free more than the free spirit of a horse.\"