Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I hate how V******* involves waking up at night to do it. WHY?? It wouldn't be half as terrible if this wasn't a factor. Does any one know why its always like that.

WOuldn't have been digested already or does your body wait till like 4 in the morning to wake you up to get s*** for a reason?Edited by: kutiekate

very good question...lol...when i was 5 i got s* at like 1am...not pleasent at all...maybe it happens because your body is more relaxed and you can't make it not happen like you can sometimes when you're awake...?
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know why this happens, but it is one of the things I fear the most. The last time I v* it was in the middle of the night.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

me too! with this past sv*, each time I v* it was upon waking up in the middle of the night.

Every time I've gotten sick was at night! Usually around the 12 PM - 4 AM bracket... and I have not a clue why. There was only one time I got sick, and that was around 6 AM. It wasn't asbad because everyone was awake and the sun was shining, but god forbid, those 3 AM wake-up calls are the WORST, just because everyone's asleep, the house silent, sense of helplessness.

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

When I was a kid, I v* 2 times and both were at night. I remember I
    just woke up, v* a few times partly asleep and then went to bed again.
    The next day I wouldn't even care about anything. I wish I felt like
    this now too

Anyway, last winter when I had sv I started v* around midnight but I was not asleep before that.

I think that if you v* due to FP, it makes sense that you do it at
    night because that's when the stomach stops trying digest bad food, it
    takes some time. But in case of sv, I have no idea..

You only live once

*raises hand* Yep, me too! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

There'sacut off point for me. Because last time I got sick in the night it happened at about 3:30, anything after that is ok. If I wake up at 5, I feel kinda serene, and not at all worried. I feel safe if its just beginning to get light outside, and all the birds are waking up, etc.

But when its right in the middle of the night, its somehow scarier. Chemicalemotion said it: its that feeling of helplessness. We really shouldn't fear the night so much...its just like the day, except there's no sun -LOL.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

It always seems to be that way. That's why we moms are so scared at night. We fear being waken up suddenly with no time to prepare. I think the bowels relax more during sleep and virus can replicate quicker.

Stella

Yea, the last time for me which was last month...i woke up at like 3:30 or so and was sick by 4am.....but theonly other time i remember ving was during the daytime...so i dno't know...yeah, night is way worse to think about....that sudden jerk and you wake up....ugggggg.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

for me, this past Sunday it was 1 AM 3 AM and 7:25 AM.

When I got sick at Christmas, it was between 1-3 AM. But I was awake before that anyway. I am a night person. But I can't imagine the terror of waking up suddenly and v*, with no time to prepare. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

NO KIDDING! like, say, time to take your freakin retainers out!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img].... stupid v*...