Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My emet has been out of control this past month. I don't post often, I'm more of a reader. This may sound kind strange, but I always feel better when I read a post, and think "Oh, my gosh, I do that too!" So I was wondering if any of you do any of these things, or feel the same way I do.

I feel n* every time I leave my house. When I do leave I have to have my own car, and have drive it alone. I stash plastic bags in every room of my house, and keep one in my purse. Along with pepto, and bottled water. I have become obsessed with looking for news stories on the norovirus, and look up the symptoms all the time. My boyfriend's mom had a sv* two weeks ago, and I still ask him everyday how she is. My mom teaches kindergarten, and I have a hard time even kissing her on the cheek when I see her. I always feel worse the week before my period. When I feel n*, I pace, sometimes for hours. I am scared to touch door handles in public, and try to wear gloves or use my sleeve or one finger. I won't touch my face...even if I have an itch. I wonder everyday if "this will be the day". I hate being far from a door or bathroom. If I go to a store, I have to park in the spot closest to the entrance. I have a hard time walking my dog farther then across the street because I am too far from my "safe zone". In a restaurant booth, I have to sit on the outside.

There are so many more. I'm having a bad night tonight, and I feel a bit better. I would love to hear from anyone.....thanks for listening.

Hi Penny, welcome! I know that so many of us would have or already have written so many things in your post. It really feels like it runs our lives on a daily basis, and I for one grapple with severe anxiety, at times depression and so much anger I don't know what to do. This forum helps me a lot. It does make me anxious at times when I read about how many people have sv, but the support is awesome. I was wondering, do you have a support person? I mean like a husband, boyfriend, mom, friend, or even therapist, etc.? I have never come right out and told my hubby the extent, but he's read some of my posts (my accident there) and he's starting to get it. And really, I'm glad. Relieved that someone knows, someone I can talk to. I also talked to my doctor about anxiety in general, and have some sedatives for that, although that's just me, not saying anyone else should go that route, its a subjective thing. I just think you're doing a very positive thing by writing down your feelings and reading other's fears as well. I know so much of what you're talking about, its insane how alike we all are in so many ways. Sad that we all feel this way, yet comforting. Hang in there, one of two things will happen-we'll get it worked through and defeat this bastard fear, or spring will come and we can breathe for about six months. I prefer the first one.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Janna

Yep, You are not alone...

I can sooooooooo relate.

I use to feel like that. I would feel n everytime I left, I would take milk with me to coat my stomach, this was my safe food when I felt n. I realized over a few years that it was n due to anxiety. I started taking the generic of Xanax and I no longer have the everyday n or the n when I leave the house, its great! Kim

Thank-you....it's nice to hear I'm not alone. jandub, I do have a
    "support" person. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years, and
    he knows EVERYTHING. Along with my sister. I can talk to
    them until I am blue in the face, and although they don't judge me, or
    think I'm crazy, they will never truely understand. I almost feel
    guilty for being glad that all of you are here. I wouldn't wish
    emet on my worst enemy. Thanks again for your support.

I can relate to all of what you said. I'm glad your here with us[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]