Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: S* on Bus?

Hybrid View

What would you do if you knew you had to v* and you were on a city bus? Would you try and hold it until you got off at the very next stop? What would you do? And what would you do if you were riding the bus and someone else got s* and v* on the bus?

I'm just curious because a couple of years ago, some guy v* on the bus and it kinda freaked me out for a couple of years and I'm still scared to ride the bus...but I force myself to.Edited by: virgo_witch
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know.. depends on how badly i needed to v*. Since I don't have
    much experience of it, I really don't know if you can actually hold it.
    I think I'd try to find something to v* in, not to freak out people.

My friend once got v* on in a bus. She got so disgust that she took off
    her jacket and left it on a bus. She even nearly v* herself. Then after
    a while she regreted because the jacket was expensive, lol.

You only live once

Well my worst nightmare is v*ing in front of anybody/in public so I would get off as soon as possible, probably even if it meant me being stranded somewhere! If that really wasn't possible I'd do it as discretely as possible into a bag.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Worse yet is the subway. With a bus you can always have the driver pull over. On the subway you HAVE to wait until the next stop. That could be 60 seconds or ten minutes.

I remember taking the subway to work and the train was stuck between two stops, underground in the tunnel. There was something on the tracks and we had to wait for it to be moved. Anyway we were stuck there for about 45 minutes. There was a woman in the car who was panicking so bad, not because she was sick, but she was claustrophobic. She started saying she was going to v**. That would have been horrible, to be trapped with v** on a hot train. Ugh. Well, it never happened. Still, that's way worse than the bus.

Stella

I'd probably get off the bus and try to find somewhere private to v*...and then call a cab to take me the rest of the way
    ~ Kimmy ~

Well- at the moment this is a real possibility for me. Being pregnant, the very SMELL of the bus is enough to make me nauseous- sweaty people, nasty strong smelling food, the "bus" smell, etc. Couple that with motionsickness, and it's a bad situation waiting to happen. Unfortunately, I have to take the bus at least once a day to get to campus or work.

If I knew that I was unequivocally going to vomit, I would try toget off at the next stop. But, I really try not to do this since the bus route to get back home only runs every half hour or so, and I don't want to wait in -20C weather for another bus. SO, I carry around a vomit bag from Chris' paramedic kit (it has a cone at the top to prevent a lot of mess), some perrier water which isn't so sweet that it would upset my stomach further, but is carbonated, and my Ipod to try to distract me. So far, these have worked- when I get homeI am nauseous, pale and shakey, but at least I got home! lol

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In my recent experience, if I had to v* on a city bus there's NO WAY my body would hold it in. It would come shooting out for all to see! I would be HORRIFIED but I would feel better. I'd probably give the driver a $20 bill and apologize. He wouldn't mind at all!

Nichole

Am I the only one who always works out the fastest escape route in case of v* in every situation I find myself in? If I was inthe busI would have had a good look round in the beginning to see if there was a toilet, if there was I'd sitas close to it as possible andif there wasn'tI'd sitas close to the door as I could and preferably near anopen window in case ofemergency. I thinkif I was sure I was going to v* I wouldn't want to stop in the middle of the nowhereandwould rather sit there and do my best to hold it it. However if there was no toilet/window/some kindof container I would definitely get off before I humiliated myself.

I ride the school bus everyday. If I was going to v* I would go up to the trashcan. Anything would be better than being the gross kid who puked in the aisle.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

hmm .. i would try my best to get off of the bus but hey if it comes up it comes up! I would rather vomit than sit on a bus feeling really sick for a while , and just get it over with. Oh and another thing to consider , I dont think that other people would be as horrified as an emet would be, so only if a fellow emet was on the bus would it be a tragedy , other than that people would be like ...ewww and forget about it , you know what i mean? I deffinetly would be super embarressed though , thats for sure.