Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am just in awe. You did wonderful - and Im completely jealous.

Its so important that you hold on to this feeling for as long as you can.. maybe say to yourself each day " V'ing isn't so bad, it feels great afterwards!" just like you are doing with other people - you have been in fear for so long, that if you don't keep telling your brain this, you might revert back to your old thinking - it takes a long time to re-wire thinking.

congrats on puking I hope I never have to go through what you did, but I know I will try to remember what you wrote and maybe it might help me through it [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Wow!

I just want to say well done, that is fantastic! You handled it so well and i bet your so proud of yourself you should be anyway!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow, that really is great you felt the expereince actually helped you. You do find that once it actually happens it's not how you imagined in your head at all. and 29 years must have been a long time to acumulate negative thoughts about it! Well done! And well done for realising that it is a bodily function that is necessary from time to time. It's our bodies way of protecting us from nasty bugs. I remember when i v* for the first time after getting the phobia i was straight on here as soon as i felt better writing about how much better i felt and how proud i was. At times i felt scared again but i found re-reading my post and all the night supportive words people gave me helped me alot. (I suggest printing it out, thats what i did and i highlighted all the positive words from people).

Well done again
    Katie